My Only Hope- Chapter 11

Hey, my peeps! Here's another chappie for my faithfulful readers. Thank you, and enjoy!

..........................................................................

We walked and walked, until we found a cute little store that sold cute little outfits. It was just the perfect place for Sally to shop.

Her eyes lit up at the various selections she could pick from. She decided on some suitable jeans. They were the kind you could roll up into Capri’s or shorts if you wanted.

The shirts were a whole new story. I’m positive we spent at least an hour just looking at the tops. First, she couldn’t figure out what color to get. We decided on a turquoise to bring out her eyes. Then, she couldn’t decide the style. We convinced her a plain t-shirt would be fine.

The cool thing about the company was that they could put her name in rhinestones on the front of the t-shirt. I have never seen a child so happy.

Since we did not want her name on it because we’re paranoid like that, we let her choose a word instead. At first, she insisted on putting Supreme Ruler of the World on it, but we convinced her to use Princess instead.

Then, we stopped for Derek. There was this large name brand name store just across the street that was perfect for him.

Sadly, he just got the first thing of his size on the rack, and we were done. I guess he just wanted to save time.

Finally, we shopped for me. With Derek and Sally both dressed more nicely than me, I really stood out.

We found a store that I liked. I thought about pulling a Derek and grabbing the first thing off the rack, but Sally kindly asked if she could pick my outfit. I couldn’t say no to her, so it was her pick.

She pulled out a black dress. It was gorgeous, but there’s no way I could have been on the run in that, so I told her no.

She answered me with, "I know you won’t get it, but can you pretty please try it on?"

The look on her face indicated that she was scheming, but I ignored it. There’s just this thing with me that if you add the word ‘pretty’ after the word ‘please’, then it becomes hard for me to say no. I wouldn’t rain on her parade, so I made my way to the dressing room, dress in tow.

I changed into the dress, and stared into the mirror. I personally didn’t think I looked too bad. The skirt was very full, but not too full, and it came a little lower than mid-thigh.

I walked out of the dressing room to Derek. He seemed bored out of his mind. I don’t blame him. He looked at me and did a double take.

He didn’t say anything for a while. I didn’t think I looked that bad.

"Do I really look that horrible?" I asked.

"No, not at all! You look amazing!" was his reply.

Well, okay,

I thought, that was really quite an answer.

"OH MY GOSH! ROSE, YOU LOOK AWESOME!" Sally exclaimed across the store, causing everyone to stare at me. I blushed and left to change back.

When I returned, Sally ran and gave me a hug.

"I honestly think you should get it, but it’s your call," she said.

"I love it, but I don’t know when I would wear it," I explained.

"I guess your right. I have already bought your clothes, so you can change. Then, we’ll go," she said.

I changed into my new clothes. I watched as Sally left.

Derek and I lazily made our way to the door. Then, we heard Sally scream as she vanished from view.