My Only Hope- Chapter 16

Hey, Babies!!! Long time, no write. Sorry, been busy with summer and all.... Anyway. You know the drill and leave a comment. No flames, but I encourage constructive criticism. Enjoy!!!

.......................................................................................................\

          We arrived at a gas station. It looked very old, with missing shingles, and brown paint peeling off the walls.

          We walked into the building to get a gas can.

          Running the cash register was a plump lady with auburn hair and hazel eyes. She smiled kindly at us.

          While Logan filled the can, I browsed the store. For a small room, they had quite a variety.

          I continued to look around when I bumped into someone. That someone was a very tall guy with a leather jacket.

          “Why hello, love,” he said with a British accent. I do not know why, but I have always thought British accents were awesome.

          I was about to answer, when Logan’s familiar hand went around my waist.

          “My girlfriend and I were just leaving. Weren’t we, babe?” Logan asked.

          “Um, yeah,” I said. I had no idea what was going on, but I decided to play along.

          We exited hand in hand. When we got outside, our ride, old man of the south included, was gone.

          “Crazy old guy,” Logan shouted to no one in particular. I figured we just took too long, so he left.

          “Well, I guess we are walking back those five miles,” Logan said.

          We started walking down the street. As we did so, a motorcycle came tearing out of the gas station.

          The biker looked familiar. I recognized it was the guy who I talked to earlier.

          He literally drove circles around us and left just as quickly as he came. Soon, he was nowhere in sight.

          Randomly, I burst out laughing.

          “What the heck, Rose?” Logan shouted. He seemed pretty mad. Apparently, he did not see the irony of the situation.

          “Do you realize how random this is? We ran out of gas, and this crazy old dude picks us up. You tick off the British accented guy in the gas station, only to realize your ride left, leaving you stranded,” I said, laughing.

          He still did not get it.

          I began to wonder if it was only funny to me because I was so tired. I hadn’t gotten much sleep the past few nights. I mentally shrugged and caught up to Logan, who had walked ahead of me.

          I offered to carry the can for a little while, but Logan insisted on carrying it. Anyone could tell it was slowing him down.

          Men, I thought, always trying to seem so tough. Jerk.

          I got so bored from walking. I began to look at the clouds, defining their shape. One looked like a rabbit, the other, a dragon. One looked like Sally when we went shopping. I saw a hotdog, angel wings, and even a racecar. I continued to look.

          “Rose, I think we should find a safe area where we can work on controlling your powers. We need one we can stay at for a long time without getting captured,” said Logan.

          “Sure, we can discuss that we get back to the car. I am sure Derek and Sally will want a say in where we travel from here,” I said.

          By now, we had gotten about three of the five miles, and Logan was slowing I looked at him worriedly. He caught my eye, but quickly looked away. He quickened his pace, not looking at me.

          We walked and walked, and soon we found our favorite hot pink convertible. We also found two of our favorite people, despite what Logan might say about Derek.

          I have never been so happy to see someone in my entire life. I was welcomed with a hug from Sally, and we all got in our hot pink convertible, deciding our next move.