Chapter 21. Eclipse

The bell situated on top of the diner door still rings despite my effort of opening it as careful as I could. My excitement reached its limits, I wasn't able to keep up with Maedy's appointed time. Plus my curiosity is killing me, what is she up to? She called me first thing in the morning, told me to come here at the diner at exactly 7pm. Period. No more, no less. Which is odd, because normally she would just send me a text message.

I look around the empty diner to look for signs of her. And there she was at the back kitchen, busily puckering her cerise-stained lips. I smile to myself. How can someone be this sinfully beautifully?

"OMO! You almost gave me a heart attack!" She jerks the instant she noticed me in front of her.

"You're still not used to my stalking skills?" I chuckle.

She laughs while shaking her head. "You're really crazy."

"Yeah, I'm crazy for you."

"And cheesy." She stands up and that's when I noticed what she was wearing which made me grin. "I told you exactly 7pm." She crosses her arms.

"Are we going on a date?" I ask amused.

"Huh?" She looks at me stupefied.

"You're wearing this little black dress and dainty heels, perfect makeup and most of all, your hair is long." I point at her hair extension.

She blushes. "Well, if you put it that way. Then, yes."

I laugh loudly. "Seriously?"

"Why? Is something wrong with that?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Nothing. You should have just said it when you called. I thought you only wanted me to pick you up after work. Now look at how underdressed I am." I refer to my plain white shirt, worn-out jeans and beat-up sneakers ensemble.

"Well, I wanted to surprise you. My bad. But even though you're underdressed, you still look good." She gives me a thumbs up. "Really handsome and dashing. Like a prince." She winks at me.

I laugh. "You look beautiful yourself, as always. So where do we date?" I don't see a romantic setup in here."

She smiles then walks at my back before covering my eyes. "There's a patio at the back. Strictly no peeking, I have a surprise for you in there." She whispers in my ear as I closed my eyes.

I nod and we start to walk. I can't help but smile at every little gesture and warning she provides me for every step I take. The feeling of her gentle hands against my closed eyes and the sound of her playful laughter each time I was on the verge of stumbling placed me in wonderland. I was extremely happy that I was dismayed the moment I felt her hands withdraw from my face.

"Surprise!" She showcases the guitar that I dreamed for two years. "Paul Reed Smith Private Stock Custom 24 Blue Matteo Bullseye Floyd Rose." She says in one full breath.

My jaw instantly drops and soon a smile paints my face.

"Did I get it right? Oh, whatever Jasper told me you nicknamed her Rosy anyways, so let's just call it that. He told me you were supposed to buy this with the money. I can't believe it costs ten thousand US dollars! But, here it is now." She smiles at me.

I hugged her tightly. "I love you so much."

"Yeah, me too. So let go of me before I die from your suffocating love."

"Sorry, got carried away." I let go of her and we burst out laughing.

She pulls me to the table and pours wine at my glass before we could even seat. "The steak got burnt." She sticks her tongue out cutely.