Chapter Sixteen

******Sorry for the huge gap between posts. Life's been busy, but I promise that "Guest Room" will be finished soon. I still have to do editing on the whole thing. So, please excuse my grammatical errors.***********

Aiden watched the second hand on the clock wind around, but the minute hand appeared still as he sat in the waiting room. He shifted his eyes between the clock, his iPhone, and the tv that was stationed on CNN. He was worried, but even though he'd sat there for hours, no news was good news. He hadn't answered his phone that had been ringing off the hook since he stormed out of the office. He hadn't answered Parker or Gio's phone because he assumed that it had to do with business. That was until all three started to ring simultaneously from notifications. Then he looked up at the tv and Parker's picture flashed across the screen.

"Excuse me Nurse, can you turn this up?" He asked

"The music word is in a state of devastation tonight as music artists around the globe are sending their thoughts and prayers to mega producer/songwriter Parker Marshall. Marshall was beaten and shot multiple times tonight in a home invasion at his Los Angeles mansion. Giovanni Sanchez, Marshall's assistant, was also shot in the invasion. Police have not released information on the suspect or a motive, but a source close to the investigation, speaking on condition of anonymity, told CNN that the suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. Parker Marshall and Giovanni Sanchez were rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and are reported to be in critical condition" Reported the anchor. "We'll continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds and bring you up to the minute reporting."

Aiden's jaw dropped as the phone rang immediately after the report. It was Parker's mother. He purposely didn't call her because even he didn't know exactly what was going on. But he couldn't deny her the respect, even if he didn't get along with her.

"Hello Mrs. Marshall" he answered.

"Aiden. Aiden! What's wrong with my baby? Is he okay?" She asked hysterically.

"He was shot twice in the back trying to save me. He's in surgery now. He's in critical condition" Aiden informed.

"Oh no Lord Jesus. No!" She began to cry. "How did this happen to my baby?"

"Joanne. I know how you must feel right now. Believe me I feel terrible too. But just stay strong and get out here. I'll call you as soon as the doctors come out" Aiden assured.

"Thank you. Okay... call me as soon as the doctor comes out. Me and his father are on the way" she closed hanging up the phone.

When the call ended he dropped the phone in his lap putting his hands over his face. He began to cry. He felt like all of this was his fault. Even though he and Parker's mother were never on good terms, he was hoping that would be the worse news he would ever have to give her. More than anything, he was hoping that he would never have to tell her why all of this happened, but he knew that at some point he would have to explain what happened. If he didn't, the police would.

But even though he was hoping that Parker would make it through, he was worried about what Parker's would have to say to him. That made him cry even more. He was getting hysterical. Parker and now Gio were Aiden's only family. He was having to go through all of this alone. Two wonderful caring people who are now paying the ultimate price for his actions. He cried his eyes out in a never ending stream of tears.

A hand on his shoulder, took his attention. He lifted his head from the palm of his hands to see his secretary standing there over him with his favorite cup of coffee, and a subway sandwich.

"Sabrina, what are you doing here" He asked sniffling and huffing for air.

"Aiden, you can't go through this alone. I'm going to sit here and be right here through everything with you" she said sitting beside him reaching the coffee out to him.