Chapter Seventeen

Unable to sleep, Aiden made his way down to lobby to check out of his hotel, and take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. He couldn't eat. He just nibbled around his eggs and only ate half his bacon. The toast was untouched, and he felt bad about throwing away that apple but he didn't want it. The coffee, however, he took full advantage of, trying to get what ever energy he could to go back to the hospital.

The walk to the hotel from the hospital was rather long which was confirmed by the pain still present in Aiden's legs. So, he called a car service to drive him back to the hospital. A notification on his phone signaled that the car had arrived. He was on his way out, when a news report on the tv caught his attention.

"Reports are coming out of Hollywood today about the deadly home invasion of Music Producer Parker Mitchell as nominations for the Grammy's went out yesterday. Six songs, written or produced by Parker are up for nominations. So what sparked a night of terror in what seemed like the perfect life? CNN has learned from an anonymous source at the LAPD that this was a stalking case, but not for Parker, the celebrity. The suspect, now identified as Jace Rivas, was a co-worker dangerously infatuated with Aiden Carter, Parker's long time boyfriend. Upon carrying out a search warrant on Rivas' residence, police gathered evidence of a secret romance between the two in which Aiden Carter brought to an abrupt end when Jace approached him about leaving Parker to be with him. Investigators have not answered our requests for comment, but we will keep you informed on this developing situation in Los Angeles."

Aiden released a deep sigh. Parker's family would be arriving today, and this was the last thing he needed. Walking out of the hotel was even more surprising. When he opened the door he was blinded by repeated flashes and was rushed by a crowd of people. There were reporters everywhere, and they blocked his way to the black SUV waiting for him at the end of the sidewalk.

"Aiden! Aiden! How do you feel about your boyfriend fighting for his life because of your secret love affair?" Yelled one reporter.

"Aiden! Aiden! Did you conspire with Jace to kill Parker so that you two could be together?" Asked another as Aiden stood there like a deer in headlights surrounded by reporters.

He couldn't move. Questions were coming in from everywhere. He'd never experienced anything like this before. Sure Parker was a famous music producer, but he didn't know he was this famous. Why were they asking these horrible questions. Aiden felt he'd made a mistake, and he was already beating himself up enough, but these people had absolutely no sympathy for what he was going through.

Then through the crowd Aiden felt a tug. Someone was pulling him through the swarm of reporters and guiding him to car. Before he knew it he was in the back of the SUV and the stranger was now in the driver seat. He sped off from the scene of the public lynching by the media. Aiden laid his body across the backseat as his eyes filled with tears. He already felt guilty about everything that happened, but this was his first time seeing it from the outside looking in. It looked completely different.

The driver attempted view him through the rearview mirror, but all he saw was the seat. He heard sniffles as Aiden's emotion poured out. Aiden could see him from the seat as he peered out into space. He finally recognized the driver. He was the usual driver the company sent when he and Parker requested a car. He was nice and Parker liked him, so requested him. It was a little relieving for Aiden to see a somewhat familiar face after what he just experienced.

"Thank you" Aiden said with a very emotional tone.

"Oh you don't have to thank me" he said keeping his eyes on the road. "I don't usually do that for celebrities, but you're just a normal guy. You didn't ask for any of that. Those asshats have no respect for a person going through what you're going through" he said hoping to comfort him in his period of extreme distress.