Seven

"I'm sorry Mikkey." Macey cries into Michael's chest as her holds her. Calum went and got him after Macey broke down in the car outside of the hospitol.

     "Shhh Macey It's okay." Michael comforted his best friend as they leaned against Macey's old car holding eachother. Calum's hand stroked Macey's hair lovingly as she wept.

     "It was selfish of me Macey I know it was. I'm sorry I just care about myself sometimes." Michael mumbled. MAcey pulled away and looked up at her friend.

     "But your one of the most generous people I know." She says, wiping her tears away and smiling softly at Michael. He blushes and shakes his head. Suddenly tears fill his eyes and run down his cheeks.

      "Michael? Mate what is it?" Calum says stepping in and putting an arm around Michael. Michael just shakes his head and presses his hands to his eyes.

     "I'm nervous for Ashton. I never knew he was so bad again and just seeing a friend hurt like that just breaks my heart he wailed. Macey and Calum were taken aback at first. But they went in and hugged him tightly as the all began to cry. 

     Michael dried his eyes and wiped under Macey's as well with his thumb roughly. He stuck his tonue out at her and Calum.

      "You two, always bringing out the worst in me." He says sarcastically and crossing his arms over his chest and looking away from them.

      "Shut it Michael, you love us." Calum says smiling. Michael just shrugs.

      "Well, more or less I guess." He said, his smile creeping back over his lips.

     "You just rhymed!" Macey and Calum both burst out at the same moment. They looked at eachother and smiled.

      "Jinx!" They yelled. Michael looked at them like they were crazed.

     "You guys are such dorks." He says, sauntering away towards the hospitol. The pair ran after him laughing. They all made their way to Ashton's room to see he is awake. Mali Koa went back to work and Blakely had to as well. Luke just sat at the bed side trying to cheer Ashton up.

     "Can I talk to Macey for a minute? Alone?" Ashton asks when all of them were gathered in his room in silence. Calum, Luke, and Michael all left the room, shutting the door quickly behind them. Calum gave Macey a nod of encouragment before leaving.

     "Sit please." Ashton said quietly. He motioned for Macey to sit in the chair beside his bed. Macey walked slowly over to it and sat facing her cousin.

     "Are you okay?" Macey asked quietly. She tried to keep her sadness and regret under control while talking to Ashton.

     "You saved me Macey if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be okay." He said to her. Her brown eyes darted up and searched his face.

     "If I didnt leave you alone none of this would have happend." Macey answered him guiltilty. She looked back down at her folded hands in her lap.

      "Please don't blame youself... It's been coming to this point for a while... It's not your fault." Ashton whispered. Maey look back up at him to see he is crying. He pulled up his sleeves to show his many small jagged cuts up his arm from his forearm up his bicept stopping at his shoulder.

     "Ashton." Macey whispered, "why?" Ashton rolled his sleeves back down and sighed. He finally looked back up at Macey. A few more tears falling before he answered her. 

      "Because I feel like it would be better to kill myself. No one loves me in this world. You take care of me because you feel like you should, the boys all need me for the drumming I do, and lets not even start back on my parents." He sighs. Macey shakes her head, her brown waves tosslinng al over her head.

      "That is not true! I take care of you because you are my cousin and I love you. And those boys all adore you more than you will ever know. We all love you so much. And if your parents dont, even though i am sure that they do, well... Then that is their loss!" Macey states firmly. Ashton looks up at her and sighs again.

      "Really?" He asks.

      "Yes!" She responds. Ashton holds his arms up weakly for a hug. Macey jolts out of her char and wraos her arms gently about him.

     "Thank you for always taking care of me macey." Ashton whispers.

     "No problem. I love you!" She says smiling.

SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS A LITTLE HEAVY AND DULL:( THATS HOW I FEEL TODAY.