Fourteen

Macey sits on the dock at Ashton's house, during another party of his. His parents were gone again and he was back to normal. His wrists and hands were healed thank god. She swings her legs back and forth. The soles of her shoes skim the top of the water on the lake. 

     She sighs. Calum had not spoken to her yet during the party. She felt like he had been avoiding her lately. Had he? MAybe it was just her. But maybe not. Her sister's words played over and over in her mind. 

     "I just don't understand how a boy can make all these promises and then just break them one by one." Blakely's voice haunted her.

     She heard footsteps on the dock behind her and she turned around expecting Calum, but saw Luke instead.

     "Hey Lukey." She said smiling at the lanky singer. He looked upset.

     "Macey you should really come with me." He said, already turning away and walking towards the house. She got up from her place on the dock and hurried to catch up with him.

     They manuvered around the sweaty bodies dancing against eachother on the dance floor as the music pumped through the speakers. Luke grabbed her arm to pull her next to him away from the people. They went up to the house and through the back door. There was Michael and Ashton trying to calm down a very distressed looking Calum.

     "I got her." Luke says. The music can still be faintly hear from the house. Macey runs up to Calum. His eyes are darker. Almost black. His jaw is clenched.

     "Calum are you alright?" Macey asks him. He shrugs as a tear spills over his cheek. Michael, Ashton, and Luke all leave the couple alone.

     "Calum." Macey says, getting his attention.

     "I dont want to talk about it Macey." He says quietly.

     "Well is there anything I can do?" She asks. She is so confused.

     "No." He mutters, looking away from her.

     "Maybe..." She trails off slightly, she takes a small step towards him, "Maybe a kiss would make you feel better." She smiles to him but he sidesteps around her.

     "No not this time." He growls before walking out the door. MAcey slumps onto the couch. Defeated.

     "Promise one, broken." She mutters.

SO THIS IS SAD THIS IS VERY SAD WHY CANT ALL BOYS BE LIKE AUGUSTUS WATERSSSSS?!?!?