Sixteen (Final Chapter)

Macey looked out at the bleak rain falling down from the sky. The cold air was evident through the glass walls in Ashton's house. A draft blew slightly at her ankles. She could hear Ashton shuffling around upstairs from her spot near the kitchen. She heard him drag a few suitcases to the end of the stairs and begin to drag them down.

     She didn't budge from her spot to help her cousin as  she usually would. It's not really like anyone expected her to help with anything though. She doesnt talk much anymore. She is like a ghost floating down the empty halls. 

     When she would enter a room people stop and sare at her. She doesnt return the looks. She only looks through them. Past them. Like she would rather being seeing something else.

     Or someone else.

     She has never been the same since Calum left. Since he broke all his promises to her in one moment. 

     He, Luke, and Michael all left for New York City that day. To pursue a career in music. Ashton couldn't go with them at first because he needed treatment for his wrists again. But today was the day he was leaving to live with them.

     "Macey?"Ashton calls her. His voice echos through the large house. She doesnt turn away from the window to look at him. He comes up next to her and slips his arm around her shoulder.

     "Macey. I have to leave now." He says sternly, but lovingly. She nods and turns to him. Her empty brown eyes look darker against her pale face. She walks into his arms and hugs him very tightly.

     "I'll miss you Ashton." She whispers against his chest. He queezes her shoulders and nods his head.

     "And I will miss you too Macey. Your the best cousin I could ever ask for. What am I going to do without you across the sea?" He asks her softly. She only shrugs.

     "I'm sure that Luke will fill my shoes easily." She smiles a little bit now. She pulls back and looks up at Ashton. He smiles but she doesnt readily return it.

     "I'm so worried about you, you know." He says softly. She nods.

     "I know you are. But I will be fine." She smiles now and so does he.

     "Alright... Well, I have to go now." He sighs and picks up his bag. She nods. He gives her one last hug.

     "Take care, okay Macey?" He says as he pulss back and starts walking. He looks over his shoulder to see her turn away and look back out at the falling rain.

     "I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you." Macey whispers as the front door shuts. She lets tears fall down her cheeks now. They stain her face and get caught in her eye lashes. She sinks to her knees and sucks in a breath of air. She presses her hand to the glass and looks up at the rain which mirrors her own feelings.

     She cannot even imagine life without Calum Hood. Life without his promises, even if they were meant to be broken.

HOLA. I JUST ENDED THIS ON PROBABLY THE MOST DEPRESSING NOT EVER. BUT YOU WILL GET OVER IT:p I ACTUALLY KINDA LIKE HOW THIS ENDED. IT WAS A GOOD FANFICTION I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT. IDK IF I SHOULD DO A SEQUEL I WOULDNT REALLY HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR IT. BUT IF YOU DO, YOU CAN ALWAYS LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CONSIDER IT.:)

OK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, I LOVE YOU ALL.