Interlude: Bert.

Frank slowly unlocked the door to his bedroom, and he stepped out. He could hear Gerard in the kitchen, but he didn't know what he was doing. Scared, he walked slowly to where Gerard was, seeing his red-haired boyfriend going through the fridge.

"Gerard?" He said quietly, the first words he'd spoken to his boyfriend in days. But Gerard didn't seem to notice that Frank was there, just concentrating on finding something to eat. "Gerard? B-Bert came over again today."

Gerard stopped, turning to look at Frank with a glare in his eyes. The shorter man flinched, taking an involuntary step backwards. He was clutching the letter he'd just written in his fist, his eyes welling up at the look Gerard was giving him.

"He - he said that y-you owe him money, a-a-and sex, and -" Gerard slammed the fridge door shut, cutting Frank off, and in his drunken state, he took a step towards his boyfriend.

"Don't let him in, next time. It's none of your business, you stupid, whiny, pathetic little bitch." he spat, his furious eyes on Frank. What business did he have talking to Bert? The shit that was going on was between him and Bert, and him and Bert only.

"I'm sorry, I - I had to, I -"

"You didn't have to do anything."

Frank's jaw clenched, and suddenly he was angry. "Yes I did! Yes I fucking did, because you're being a bastard about everything, and I don't know what's happening to you! I fucking hate you right now, Gerard! I hate you!"

"Well then fuck off, if you hate me so much!" he pushed past Frank, who was beginning to cry. "Go on, pack your stupid bag and leave!"

"I'm not going anywhere!" Frank cried, following Gerard to the bedroom.

"Yes you are!"

"No I'm not! You can't kick me out!"

"Leave!"

"No!"

"Fine, I'll fucking go!"

Frank slapped Gerard, hard, around the face. It was a bitch-slap more than anything, but it hurt. "You just don't get it, do you?" He said, his eyes on the older man before him, the one who looked stunned, the one who was too drunk to even raise his hand to the mark appearing on his face. He pushed the seventh letter against Gerard's chest, and then he stormed from the room and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------