Chapter 7

Cassie P.O.V.

Seth took his seat next to me and in all attempts tried to get my attention but I simply ignored him.

"Hey Cassie," I heard him say. I didn't answer. Then he started complimenting me with "Hey beautiful, I missed you" I had to admit though I was flattered but my rage was at its peak right now.

Miss Hensworth entered the class and Seth stopped trying to get my attention, or so I thought. He then started to pass notes for me, by now my desk had at least ten notes on it. I just glanced at them now and then but didn't opened it, I was afraid of what I would find inside.

*after class*

Kim, Hans and I were now on our way to gym when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Seth. He looked different, as if he hadn't gotten much sleep.

"What is it Seth?"

"I really had a great time yesterday at Subway and I was hoping we could go out again sometime."

"Um..I'll have to ask my mom, she might not allow me because of the time I arrived home yesterday," and then I whispered in his ear ," From your house." He looked as if he was shot twice in the back as he stood there rather silent which had questions spinning through my head.

He attempted to pull me aside as though asking to talk in private but I turned around and continued to walk with Kim and Hans. I just left him there.

"What did he want?" Hannah asked me.

"He just wanted to know if I wanted to go out with him sometime."

"And what did you say?" I looked at Kim as though she just asked me whether or not I knew when my birthday was, "I'll take that for a No."

"Guys, remember when I told you I couldn't recall what happened to me last night?"

They both nodded in agreement.

And I continued "I told him that I remember going to his house and he looked shocked."

"Wait, so are you sure you went to his house?" Hans asked.

"Yes, I'm very much certain of it." " It's like I wasn't suppose to remember, but I did!"

"This just got a whole lot woinkier." Kim said whilst pushing the gym door open.

I knew she was right. I had already forgotten that I still had his notes in my hand. "Looks like I'm going on that date with Seth," I thought.

* In the hallway after gym*

Kim had Chemistry, Hans had Geography and I had Study Hall, as well as Seth. I entered the classroom Seth caught my attention. Once again, he was sitting next to me.

"We need to talk," he said to me when I sat down.

"You bet we do!" was my response.

Mr. McVeigh entered and everyone was quiet, "Okay class this is a great opportunity for you to catch up on your studies and I'll allow group work just this once."

"Great," Seth said ,"We'll work together Cassie."

"Trust me, I don't think I will pass up an opportunity to figure out what the hell is going on to read a bunch of words typed on pages."

"So, what do you want to know?" He was finally giving in.

"I don't know, let's start with last night. What happened?"

"Well, I took you to my house, we had some drinks and then we worked on the project and then you knocked out. I brought you home later."

"Yeah so you expect me to believe that?" "Wait, what were we drinking?"

"You know, a little champaign."

"I don't drink champaign!" "I can't stand the smell of it. If I go anywhere near champaign, I vomit." I totally lied.

"Well..." he stopped. "Can we change the subject?"

"Why?" I questioned.

"It's for the safety of us. I wish I could tell you everything right now, but..." then he was silent.

I was now staring at him, his brown hair covering the left side of his face. I now realised how depressed and stressed he was over something which seemed so important. He looked up at me and gave a smile as though trying to hide his real emotion. At this moment I was falling for him once again! From the corner of my eye I could see Mr. McVeigh correcting some papers and the class head down in a book or gossiping in one corner. I then gave all my attention to Seth who was leaning towards me!

Should I do this?

Is this really how it want it all to end?

I really wanted to do it.

I didn't want to pass up this opportunity.