Chapter 23: Loving is Lying

Justin's P.O.V.

There's ferocious banging on my apartment door. At first, I tried to ignore it, but somehow it only managed to get louder and louder. And even more irritating. Finally, I muster up the energy and throw my covers off myself. The banging on the door is bursting with angry energy. As I'm going down the stairs, I catch a glimpse of the clock. It's after midnight. Who the hell is banging on my door at this hour?

Halfway tired, I open the door. Once I see who it is, I roll my sleepy eyes and try to shut the door. Only, she refrains me from doing so. With all her might, she's attempting to look innocent. I just can't see her in that light.

"I didn't take your key from you," I remind with spite in my tone.

"We need to talk, Justin."

I shake my head, "I don't have anything to say to you Aria." Again, I try to shut the door on her. Aria's persistent and sneaks her way into my apartment. I begrudgingly close the door.

"You really shouldn't be here. Especially, not at this time. Selena and I are starting to figure out what we are. So please, if you're going to say anything, let it be about you and Fitch," I beg.

That look on her face. I can read it so easily. Whatever she came to tell me is something that's been on her mind all day. Clearly, she's still on the fence about telling me, but she's here now. Whatever she's going to say doesn't pertain to Fitch. This is something that has to do with me and her.

If she should say anything about us being a thing or that there's something between us, I will make sure to take that key from her. I can't deal with any of this drama that Aria has to offer. All of my attention needs to be focused on fixing what Selena and I have. The only way we can be fixed is through honesty, so the second Aria leaves, I'll call Selena and tell her everything.

"Justin, I need your undivided attention. What I'm about to say is going to change a lot of things." In the midst of saying that, I swear that I can hear her racing heartbeat.

I step forward with concern and question, "What do you mean it could change a lot of things?"

Aria looks like a deer caught in headlights. She starts to toy with her hair. Then she moves past me to go over to the kitchen and gets a glass of water. She offers me a glass an I accept it, only for the fact that I want to get her out of here as fast as possible. She takes a long sip of her water. It was the slowest possible way a person could drink water.

"Seriously Aria, spit it out. The longer you drag it out, the worse it's going to sound," I persist.

So she does as I say and rapidly replies, "Alright, I'm pregnant." She sucks in her lips. There are only nerves present in her eyes as she waits for my response.

Unsure of what to say, let alone how to react, I can only think of one thing to ask. In a delayed fashion, I question, "So, congrats to you and Fitch, huh?"

"Justin...it isn't Fitch's...it's yours."

Air is caught in my throat. This couldn't be the case. It was that one drunk time. Sure, we were drunk, but one of us had to be smart enough to remember protection, right? She had to be lying. Then again, what could Aria possibly gain from lying about this?

"Are you positive?" Is the only thing I can find myself asking.

She sighs, "I wish I was lying."

"That makes two of us."

* * *

It's been an hour of silence. Aria and I are walking on eggshells around the apartment. We can't even look each other in the eye. We continue to just pace and pace. There's only so much pacing one can do. The question is on the tip of my tongue and I know it's on hers. Since we're circling around the island in the kitchen, I stop dead in my tracks. She's busy being consumed by her thoughts to notice that I stopped.