Chapter 15: We Need To Talk

Justin's P.O.V.

When there's a knock on my apartment door, I jumped up from my seat and ran across the apartment as fast as my feet could carry me. After the failure of last night of going to Selena's place and her not being there, Taylor promised me that she would help me plan something out. While we haven't talked today, I'm assuming, as well as hoping, that Taylor will be the one at the door.

Only, when I open the door, it isn't Taylor. Instead, it's the last person that I want to see. About to close the door on her face, she reminds me that she has a key. Why didn't I take that from her?

I groan, "What do you want Aria?"

She bursts into the apartment, "Have you seen what Fitch did? He kissed Resa!" Aria storms into the kitchen and immediately heads for a drink.

"Aria, you can't be here," I state while entering the kitchen.

She gets off her tips toes and stops reaching for a wine glass. Her eyes narrow on me. Angry that I haven't said anything relating to the problem she presented when she strutted in here. Has Aria forgotten that this is my apartment and that we aren't exactly on the best of terms right now?

"Excuse me? Did you not hear me?! Fitch freaking kissed Resa Landing!" she shoots, becoming even more angry.

"I heard you Aria. Call me crazy, but I don't think you---"

"Don't you dare say it! I have every right to be furious with him! He kissed someone while he's with me," Aria continues to complain.

"You're a hypocrite," I say, barely realizing that I actually said it out loud rather than in my head.

She's about to say something, but I don't have the time for this. If Taylor is coming over today, I can't risk Aria being here. Although nothing is going to happen between me and Aria, I don't want Taylor to jump to any conclusions. So I grab Aria's ungloved hand and start to lead her to the front door of the apartment.

"Are you really going to kick me out?" Aria groans.

I apologize, "Look, I can't have you here and you know that. I'm sorry. It's just what's going to be best for us until we can figure things out."

"Best for us? Justin, we're each other's support system here!" she tries to reason with me.

Support system? Does Aria even hear herself? We both want to get back together with the person that we cheated on. We established that. Aria and I need space from each other. As much space as we can get from one another.

"Aria, we're still friends, but please, as my friend, I need you to leave me alone right now," I'm practically begging.

"Fine! If you want me to leave, I will! You claim that we're friends, but you're abandoning me when I need you!" tears start to prick into her eyes. At that point, I have Aria right by the door frame.

"Don't go there Aria. You know that's what we have to do," I tell.

She throws the door open and before she storms off, she makes sure to yell, "Whatever you want Justin!" Aria slams the door on my face and I start to rub my forehead. She has to understand that this really is what's best for us. For the sake of our relationships here!

There's a knock on my door. Expecting it to be Aria, I walk away from the door and head to the kitchen. Only the knocking continues, this time around more frantic. When I'm about to tell Aria to leave, I hear my mother's voice. What is my mom doing here?

Up on my feet, I rush over to the door and let my mom in. With how close of the time frame there was between her and Aria being here, I know that they had to have run into each other. When my mom comes into the apartment, I look out into the hallway to see if there are any traces of Aria. She seems to be long gone.