Chapter 3: Coin Toss

Fitch's P.O.V.

Aria's lips are attached to mine as we manage to enter our apartment. She closes the door and I have her leaned up against it. Her hands are clasped around my shoulders. Then she jumps up and wraps her legs around my waist. 

Somehow we managed to outrun and outdrive all the cameras. I even left my phone down in Triple M 2.0 because I didn't want work to interfere with my life. Tonight is all about me, Aria, and our engagement. We finally slipped away from everyone. Ara is smiling so much.

She removes her lips from mine and breathes, "I'm sorry that I didn't consult you with the whole double wedding idea."

I place her down on the floor and guide her away from the door. We go over to the kitchen and I pour us both a glass of water. I'm assuring her that I just want to do whatever will make her happiest. Plus, Justin and Selena seem to be good with the idea so there doesn't seem to be an issue.

Aria rips off her gloves and then takes a drink of her water. The entire night she complained about wearing the gloves. She wanted to show off her ring just like Selena is. We just have to wait until tomorrow to figure out where our engagement lies. Public or beyond secretive.

"Maybe, I should go get my phone to see if—"

She begs, "Fitch, please. I know we're waiting for the call about our engagement, but there's no telling who else can call you."

I nod my head. It's true. I've been getting a lot of work calls ever since the commercial released. Aria and I spend as much time together as my work permits me.

Going over to her, my hands are around her waist. "You're right. Tonight, I just need to spend time with my fiancee," I smile.

She tilts her head and blushes, "Fiancee. I love love love the sound of that." Her lips are about to reconnect with mine, until there is a frantic knocking on the apartment door.

Aria groans, "I swear Fitch if that's your agent worried because he hasn't heard from you in the past few hours, I will break something."

I chuckle, even though I know that she isn't joking. The frantic knocking continues. Highly, I doubt this person at the door has anything to do with my work. Opening the door, I keep my focus on Aria. However, her reaction isn't what I was expecting.

She rolls her eyes, "I'll leave you two."

Then, I look to the doorway. There stands Resa Landing. She enters the apartment and I close the door behind her. Resa encourages Aria to stay. Aria folds her arms, conscious of hiding her ring from Resa. Resa takes a seat on the couch, completely frazzled.

Taking a seat next to her on the couch, I ask, "What's wrong Resa?"

For the time that I've known Resa, she tries so hard to maintain her touch exterior. However, she does break sometimes. We all do. When Resa breaks though, she needs all the support she can get. In this case particular, she's on the verge of breaking. She's more angry than emotional.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" Aria offers, using her hands to talk. Luckily, Resa didn't notice anything.

Resa answers, "Whatever's the strongest thing you have."

Aria quickly scurries off to get her a drink. She's more careful about hiding her ring. With her tendency to talk with her hands, it would be wise if she put her gloves back on.

When Aria comes back with a drink for each of us, her gloves are on her hands. Resa downs her drink, then mine, and then Aria's. Resa demands more, but Aria and I know to cut her off there. She's been here for less than five minutes and she's already had her max number of drinks. Aria moves the glasses aside so she isn't tempted for more drinks. It will help, but it's not enough to stop her from asking for more.