Chapter 21: Back to Square One

Selena's P.O.V.

Abel understood why I couldn't attend rehearsal today. However, that didn't stop him from being a little on the peeved side. He made it clear that from here on out that I need to schedule my appointments around his dance schedule. I doubt that offices are open between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.

However, I made it clear that as soon as the appointment is over that I'll be heading straight to the rehearsal. Abel was satisfied with this and expects for me to keep him updated on everything. Which, I will. Everyone I've told is going to stay updated on everything. Forrest is dying to tell Taylor already so he can stop feeling like he's harboring a secret from her.

Taylor left with Forrest an hour ago. She was suspicious of why I was staying home and Forrest was leaving. I'm unsure of what Forrest told her, but apparently, it was good enough to get her out of the apartment. Forrest knew I needed her out of here because Justin's on his way over.

Still, Justin and I haven't established what's happening with us. He's here for me and I'm so grateful for that. We're going to work out the details along the way. For now, we'll just be back to square one.

There's a knock on the door. I spring up from the couch and dart over to the door. Only, when my hand is wrapped around the doorknob, I stop myself. I wait a minute, so I don't seem too eager. Then I open the door.

And there Justin is.

He holds up a paper bag and has innocence written across his face. "I brought bagels," he smiles.

"Perfect, we can eat them in the cab," I thank. I'm then out the door and locking it behind myself. Justin was right on time. Which leaves us only with an hour before my appointment. When I told him about the appointment, he wanted to be there for me. He really isn't going to let me go through this alone.

We're silently eating our bagels in the backseat of the cab. There's so much traffic that I'm fearful that we're going to be late for this appointment. I know that I've scheduled this on the early side, but I just know how busy my schedule is, that I should get this done now.

* * *

Justin had all the choices in the world for us to sit in the waiting room. It's a large waiting room, yet there's no one here. He chooses the seats nearest the door, where the nurse will be calling me. He's holding my hand and his thumb is rubbing mine.

"There's no one here and we're ten minutes early. They should be calling you in, any second now," Justin says. It's shocking how we even managed to make it ten minutes early. I nod my head, assuming the same thing as him.

Our eyes are glued to that door. I'm anxious, which I have every right to be. I just didn't expect to be this anxious. Shouldn't I be at least a little excited? Or does that excitement kick in later?

The door opens and the nurse calls, "Selena."

Justin and I rise from our seats. By the look in her eyes, I know that she's going to say something about Justin tagging along. So I assure her that I want him to be here for this. She simply nods and the three of us head into the back of the office. We go into the first room and she promises that the doctor will be with me shortly.

Once the door closes, Justin asks, "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous."

"Don't be nervous."

"Don't be nervous?" I mock, "Justin, there's a human being developing inside of me!"

He grabs a hold of my hand and attempts to calm me down. It's not that I'm freaking out, my nerves are just starting to get the best of me. I'm still finding it hard to believe that I'm actually pregnant. A year ago, let alone a week ago, I wouldn't think this is where my life would be.