Chapter 4: Plan of Action

Just a reminder that • • • signals a flashback

- - - - - -

Clay's P.O.V.

Chord escorts me from my psychiatrist's office to the socializing room—more so what they like to title it. Today's session with my psychiatrist was a total bust. She cut our session in half because she could see right through my act. Everything I was saying to her was a lie and she knew it. Before I left, she told me, "Keep in mind Clay, you can't get better if you're going to spend your time lying."

All I could tell her was that I would see her tomorrow. The only honest thing I told her. She's one of the best psychiatrists in all of New York and I could see why. While she saw cutting our session short as a punishment, I viewed it as a present. The only thing I can think about is Justin and Selena getting married.

We turn the corner of the skinny hallway. Chord hovers closely to me. He's the only one I really talk to in this place—involuntary for that matter. He just has a way of making me feel as if I'm not insane. Just as we reach the socializing room, Chord tells me, "I saw your little brother in the waiting area; he should be in shortly."

"Thanks," I say then go into the socializing room.

Rather than sitting at my usual table, I go over to the couch. I watch the other patients. They all have their reasons for being here. However, they all have the same goal: to get better. If only I could say the same for myself.

Young Town comes into the socializing room. He goes over to the table we met at the first time. He looks around and once he catches sight of me, he rushes over to me. Young Town plops down onto the couch while acknowledging, "Switching things up on me, I see."

"I have to keep things a little interesting around here," I sigh.

He then tells me that we could make things more by talking about "N" and "A". Only, that won't make things interesting. It will only make things depressing. It was extremely hard to keep my composure during my session this morning.

"Are you absolutely positive that they're getting married?" I'm begging for him to say "no".

He sucks in his lips and nods. Upset, I bite my tongue and run my hand through my hair. It's actually happening. I really wanted to believe that they weren't, but I'm not that lucky. All the wandering thoughts I had about stopping the marriage resurface.

Young Town proposes, "Well, now that I have spied on them and "N" and "A" are on the road to marriage, it's safe to say you can move on from her. What's our plan of action on getting you out of this place?"

Does he honestly believe one round of him spying is enough? Especially after this news of "N" an "A". This is only the start of his spying. When he notices my devious smirk, he starts to mutter "oh no" repeatedly. He's begging me to move on, wondering how I think that I even have the slightest chance with Selena.

"Look "N" is your best friend," he reminds me. I nod my head. It's not like I can forget that. Young Town's words are more of a warning than a reminder. I'm aware that I'm playing a dangerous game. I could lose Justin as a friend. However, I tried killing him and he forgave me then. Why wouldn't he forgive me now?

I sigh, "I know he is, but we grew apart as soon as we fell for the same girl."

"Really think about this Clay. This is their happiness you're trying to break here," he points out.

There isn't anything that I need to think about here. Mine and Justin's friendship has already been jeopardized. He forgave me, but we haven't talked much following the incident. Glancing at the clock, it's nearly 10 a.m. Miss B will be here shortly and I can't risk her seeing or running into Young Town. To Miss B's knowledge, Young Town is still couch surfing.