Chapter 16: Don't Say A Thing

Theler's P.O.V.

On my way to meet Clay, I run into a guy at the entrance of the building. Not just any guy. Justin. He looks surprised to see me. I notice that inside the building his mom is talking to someone. Considering the fact that Justin is partly the reason that Clay is in here, I'm very surprised to see him here.

"Theler?" Justin asks.

"Uh, hey Justin. How are you?" I ask rather awkwardly.

He answers, "Good. Your brother seems to be doing better." Of course, he's doing better. Clay could sense your miserable aura. I can sense it from miles away. Really, anyone could.

Justin then acknowledges, "You okay there Theler? You look like you just saw a ghost."

Well, I hadn't seen a ghost. But I had seen someone that will give me enough hauntings for the day. As for Clay, I hope he'll be proud of me. With Justin being here, he must've found something out. However, I'm still determined to get some type of information out of Justin that Clay didn't get. Information that revolves around Selena.

"Sorry, you just took me by surprise," I apologize.

"You're here to see Clay?" he asks.

I nod, "Yeah, it's been a few days since I've seen him. Time to pay a visit."

"That's sweet."

"Too sweet," I mutter under my breathe.

Miss B comes out of the building and she's happy to see me. We exchange a long hug and when she releases me, she immediately gets a phone call. She excuses herself, which leaves me alone with Justin again. He has that solemn look on his face. One that I know that Clay saw.

"So how was Clay today?" I ask.

"He should be all good when he sees you," he says with his tone very soft.

"Are you good?" I ask.

"No...I mean things are happening with me and Selena right now. I shouldn't be complaining. It's my fault. Are you good?" he tries to take the attention off of himself.

"You know, we're all working on being good," I force a smile then say goodbye to him. While I walk past him, he waves goodbye. Miss B shouts her farewell to me right when I walk into the building.

* * *

"So I talked to A today," I inform Clay right off the bat.

Clay's eyes are twinkling like stars. Actually, they're twinkling brighter than stars, if that's even possible. Whatever happened with Justin had to be good. For me, talking with Selena really helped. It surprised me that she recognized me, let alone talked to me since she doesn't even know me.

Selena noticed that I looked a little glum, so she sat me down and talked to me. Even with all the shit she's going through with Justin, she wanted to consult me. A total stranger. I get why Clay loves her so much. But he needs to calm down his admiration for her.

"Great! Did you state the facts about the faulty marriages for younger people?" he wants to confirm.

"It actually didn't come up," I admit.

Clay's face scrunches. He doesn't understand how the hell I managed to have a conversation with Selena and not bring up what we discussed. For my part, it's a good thing that I didn't tell him that we talked for over ten minutes. In Clay's head, he's assuming that I and Selena only talked for two minutes. I'll just let him believe what he wants to. I don't want to make him more upset than he already is.

"Alright, so what did you two talk about?" Clay questions.

"She just gave me advice."

He nearly chokes. He doesn't see what I could need advice on since I have a mind of my own. While that's true and I'm normally an independent person, I still need advice like any other person. I'm not mechanical.