Chapter 18: Not Over the Phone

Justin's P.O.V.

When my phone rang, the last person I expected to be calling me was Selena. With it being this early, I was expecting for it to be my mom. Or someone from the dance studio discussing my work hours. I don't know how I'm supposed to go back to the dance studio after everything that happened with me and Selena. That's something I'll worry about later. I'd prefer that I and Selena make up before I start working again.

I'm desperately answering the phone. The first thing I need to do is apologize to her. Would she view it as me being a coward for saying over the phone and not to her face? Even if she does, I know that I have to take the chance.

The phone is pushed tight against my ear as I apologize, "Selena, I'm so sorry for everything. I know that sorry isn't enough and it will never be enough---"

"Justin, I don't have a lot of time to talk to you..but there's something that I need to tell you," her voice is shaky. Is she just nervous to be talking to me?

"Alright. Are you okay? Where are you?" I ask, concerned. Still on the phone with her, I proceed to get dressed as fast as I possibly can.

"Yeah, I'm fine...I'm at a dance rehearsal right now. I have lunch from 1 to 2:30. There's this cafe right around the corner from the theatre. I can text you all the details, that is, if you're willing to meet me there?" she asks.

Has she forgotten that I want to make things right with her? That I want to fix this? If she's giving me the opportunity to meet with her to talk, I'm going to accept it in a heartbeat. I'm not going to ruin my chances with her again. The fact that I have to attach the word "again" to the end of that thought breaks my heart.

"I'll be there Selena. Also congratulations on your role," I recall her and Forrest auditioning for a new ballet.

"Thanks, Justin." Her saying my name again sends my heart fluttering.

"So this thing you have to tell me..."

"It's not something I can tell you over the phone. I have to go. I'll see you later Justin," she hangs up.

Although Selena has already hung up, I find myself saying, "I'll see you later. I love Selena."

The fact that this is something not over the phone is giving me hope. There's a reason she wants to see me face-to-face. Whatever this is, is something important. I'm now a bundle of nerves. What if she wants to see me face-to-face to return the engagement ring? Could this be the last time that I see Selena?

Selena's P.O.V.

I toss my phone into my dance bag. Forrest hands me a hair tie and I put my hair up in a perfect bun. We walk out of the dressing room together and head for the theatre. We have two minutes before the first official rehearsal. Well, the first hour we're going to be discussing the rewrites anyways.

When we walk into the theatre and head for the first row of seats, I inform, "I'm meeting Justin today."

"At lunch?"

"Yeah. We're going to meet at the cafe around the corner," I say.

"So are you ready to tell him? Wait, you are going to tell him, right?" Forrest questions.

"Of course, I'm going to tell him," I tell then take my seat in the middle of the front row.

Now being ready to tell him is a different story. Surely, I can hide this from him, but it's not like I can hide it forever. It's better for me to tell him sooner than later. I don't know what Justin's reaction will be and I don't know what this will mean for us. All I know is that Justin deserves to know what's happening.