Chapter Two

After a few long seconds the adrenaline disappeared and Amelia began to shiver slightly. Her breathing became heavy as she had just realized what could have happened. Steve threw a glance in her direction and noticed how much she was struggling. "Are you okay? Do you feel dizzy? Maybe we should sit down." His worried voice felt nice and calm which was exactly what she needed. "I'm just confused." She placed a hand on her chest in a lousy attempt to control her heartbeat. 

"That shithead didn't even care. He could have hit me." Steve pulled her towards the closest bench and sat them down. "Breath in, breath out." Amelia did what he told her to do, and after a few minutes her body stopped shaking.

Amelia looked around and saw small groups who witnessed Billy were still busy talking to each other. Teenage girls were making dramatic hand gestures and giggling among themselves. It seemed as if nobody had seen what had actually happened. 

He almost killed me! She wanted to scream. 

The schoolbell rang which ended the enthusiastic bubble the teenagers were in. With a lot of desperate sighs the students left to attend their classes. Amelia pulled Steve up and gestured that they also had to go inside. "Are you sure you don't need a minute to breath?" Steve kept looking at her anxiously, as if she could fall unconscious at any second. 

"I'm okay, really." She said before she projected a smile on her face. "Uhm, if you say so. Next time, have some better reflexes, will you?" He said half-heartedly to which she responded with a weak slap on the shoulder.

The two teenagers continued back and forth as they walked towards their classroom, since they had the same class this morning.

//////

The next two classes went by fast but Amelia wasn't able to concentrate. No matter how hard she tried, her thoughts kept hovering back to the handsome, murderous boy she had encountered that morning. She wondered who he was and by the ongoing whispers she realized every other teenager girl wanted to find out the exact same thing.

The school bell rang so everyone grabbed his books and walked out of the classroom. Amelia followed other students to the hallways and made way to her locker. As she was struggling to remember her code, two girls were standing beside her talking enthusiasticly. 

"Appartently his name is Billy Hargrove. He moved here from California." Amelia immediately knew who they were talking about. She turned her head so she could observe the girls, anxiously waiting to hear more. "Yeah, I heard he's a fighter. He likes picking fights with guys." 

A hot-headed, murdurous boy. Sounds about right. 

Amelia swapped her textbooks and closed the locker. Out of nowhere, her friend Jonathan appeared which caused her to jump up. 

"Hey, I heard what happened, are you okay?" He asked her, not realizing that he had just startled her. "It just all happened so quickly, thank God that nothing serious has happened." Jonathan and Amelia had been friends for a while, they met through their mutual interest for photography. Jonathan was a quiet type, he didn't say much but Amelia found him pleasant to be around.

If he of all people was aware of what happened this morning, the entire school had already found out about the incident by now. "Apparently his name is Billy." Jonathan nodded. "Yeah, I heard that too."

The two teenagers walked to their next class which they shared. Biology. Amelia found the course interesting, but wasn't looking forward to the practical lessons where they would cut open frogs. 

Jonathan sat down on an empty chair and she took a seat beside him. A few minutes later the teacher began his boring lecture. "Well, hello everyone. I'm sure you're all very excited to learn about anatomy, this week we'll be covering the-" His sentence was interrupted by a figured who suddenly appeared in the doorway.