Chapter Four

The next two days had passed by quickly, they were filled by many classes and homework. Amelia had caught herself secretly watching Billy whenever she could, a new creepy hobby she had picked up. Sometimes she cursed her curiosity whenever she caught him talking to another girl.

How did he had such an impact on pretty much every girl at school? Wherever Billy went, desperate girls followed. Amelia was disgusted by the image; girls ran after him like lost puppies. Have some dignity. 

On Thursday, Billy didn't even show up in class which disappointed a lot of teenage girls. Amelia knew her concentration had encreased when he wasn't there, it made her focus more on their joint classes.

It was now Friday morning and Amelia was leaning against a tree while waiting for the others. The loud engine of the now familiar and popular dark blue Camaro became louder and more obnoxious as the car tore through the parking lot. A few seconds after the car had parked in its usual spot, Billy and Max got out. Max raised her slim middle finger and stormed off in a furious mood. Billy on the other hand, seemed very relaxed as he ran his hand through his hair and pulled at his cigarette. 

When he looked around, probably to see if people were staring at him, his eyes darted towards Amelia's direction. As always he winked at her before walking towards a group of girls who were clearing waiting for him.

Amelia knew well enough that he was flirting with nearly every girl at school, so she shouldn't feel the way she felt about him. But she simply couldn't deny the effect his gaze had on her.

Amelia's thoughts were interrupted by Nancy approaching her. "Hey Amelia." She tore her eyes away from Billy. "Hey, so what are your plans for this lovely Friday afternoon?" Nancy hummed as she wasn't sure. "I don't really know, perhaps I'll go visit some family." She mumbled.

A few minutes later the others were surrounding them and they continued the same topic. "So, to the Arcade tonight?" Steve asked. "Yeah, I'm down!" Rebecca said cheerfully to which Sarah agreed. Nancy looked around uncertainly, not sure if she was up for it. 

"Come on Nancy, just like the old times." Steve spoke softly with a certain pain in his voice. "Uh, yeah sure." Amelia hoped they'd soon have a serious talk because Steve still cherished hope while Nancy clearly wasn't interested in him anymore.

//////

Lunch quickly rolled around and the group of friends spent it all together. Even Steve managed to sit at the same table as Jonathan and Nancy without making things uncomfortable. "I think I need to-" Rebecca interrupted Steve by changing the subject very unsubtle. 

"Well, have you guys seen the new movie about-" Steve furrowed his eyebrows and nudged her shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry. Were you saying something?" Rebecca seemed to be in a very teasing mood which was highly appreciated. "As I was saying, I should-" 

Rebecca suddenly grabbed Jonathan and started singing in his ear. "Okay, that's it!" Steve said before he threw some grapes in her direction. "Hey, stop it!" She squealed. The whole group started to laugh. Rebecca tried catching most of the grapes and high-fived everyone after she succeeded into catching the grapes in her mouth.

//////

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Amelia said as she departed ways with Jonathan. He wouldn't be joining them tonight, he said something about having to babysit his younger brother, Will. Amelia hummed a song as she patiently waited for Sarah by her locker. The two teenagers were having a sleepover so Sarah would come home with Amelia straight after school. 

"Thanks for coming out with us tonight." Amelia said while they were walking towards the school's entrance. Sarah was an introvert who preferred spending her time reading instead of going out so Amelia appreciated the effort her friend was willing to make. It was important to Amelia to include her friend in as many activities possible. Unfortunately, joining the cheerleading squad would never happen.