Chapter One: Accident

Anita picked a tray up, and stood in line like the other kids. Chattering filled the lunch room. They can never be quiet. She thought, though she'd never say it out loud. The scent of spaghetti filled her nostrils, making her lick her lips in anticipation. She loved spaghetti. Her mom used to make it all the time before she died of breast cancer when Anita was only nine. She remembered her well though. She smelled of Roses and Honey. Her brown hair was long, and she had static blue eyes. Anita was however very different. She looked just like her father. Black hair and murky green eyes. The only differences was that her hair was long like her mom's, and her father was tall and skinny yet Anita was short and more built, though she still had a gorgeous small figure. She wasn't what people would call 'fat' or 'big'. Her chest area was the only thing that kept her from having the body she always wanted. It was too big.

The spagetti dropped on her tray with a splatter. Anita gave a shy smile before walking off. She grunted when she came in contact with someone else. Her tray flew foward, and right onto the most popular guy in school. Aaron Davison swore under his breath and glared at her. "Aaron, what is that on you?" His on-again-off-again girlfriend, Katy asked, walking up in the worse of times. He sighed. "Spagetti."

Katy looked at Anita. "You did this?"

"It was an accident. I swe-"

"Save it." Katy said, holding a hand up. Anita immedietly shut up. Katy grabbed the tray from a boy that was passing by to throw the rest of his food away. Anita gasped. Katy dumped the whole tray on her. By now, the whole cafeteria was engrossed by the scene. Laughter spread around like a contagious disease. Anita's lip quivered and her eyes watered. She just wanted to ball up and cry somewhere. Anywhere.

A loud sob broke through her lips as she ran out the double doors. She didnt mean to waste the spagetti on Aaron, but Katy did! Instead of running in the restrooms, she went straight outside. Anita ran out of the school and down the sidewalk, bawling in tears. She didnt care about the teachers, or the children, or the school. She found her way to the beach that her mom took her too on her sixth birthday.

Anita sniffled, drying her eyes, and sat down on the sand. She began pulling her shoes off. Anita thought about how much more easier it would be if she had her mom there to talk too. "Anita!" Someone called. She looked back. Aaron had followed her to the beach. He never liked her, this just added on to his list. Upon seeing his face, she jumped up. Anita ran towards the splashing water. She looked deep within it. She almost thought she heard a voice, beckoning her to join them. "Anita!" Aaron called again.

Anita tried to step back, but a slimy hand gripped her ankle. She couldn't scream. Whatever was in the water pulled her under. Water filled her nose and mouth. She opened her mouth to scream for help, only to let out a stream of bubbles. Anita never learned how to swim with her eyes open, but she knew if she didn't see what pulled her, she would drown. Mustering up the courage, Anita opened her eyes. A terrible stinging filled them. They fluttered for a moment, and soon, she was able to see without the burning. A shadow flew past her. She jumped, sucking in more of the disgusting salt water. She couldn't do it. Oxygen was being drained from her body, her heart was starting to slowly stop pumping, and the water was being forced down her throat. She needed air, or she would die. Anita's mouth opened again, letting out more bubbles. Her eyes grew heavy, she felt something wrap their arms around her. She thought it was Aaron, but why would he save her? Besides, these arms were slender, unlike his bulky ones, and the body that was pressed against her back felt feminine. Her thoughts were disappearing.

The water was getting to her brain. Or so she thought.

Anita's eyes opened one last time, to see an aqua blue tail float past her. The sight fell into a darkness, as she went unconsious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize that it was short. Please comment, fan and vote. <3