Chapter Five: Picure Perfect

Chapter Five: Picture Perfect

"How do you feel?" Norah asked, slipping back into the cabin. She had gave Anita some time to herself. Truth was, Anita didn't like it when she was left alone, and she ended up falling asleep. She had been up for a while, waiting for Norah or Crystal to return. Anita was now wearing a purple dress that looked identical to Norah's. She had never put on a dress before at school. Mostly because dresses made you stand out, and the last thing Anita wanted to do was draw attention to herself.

"I'm fine." Anita mumbled, scratching her arms again. They were so itchy. She couldn't see them though, the cabin was pretty dark. "Why are you in the dark?" Norah whispered. She clapped twice and a dim light illuminated the cabin a baby blue. Anita looked up to where the source of energy was coming from. Above her was a circular light bulb.

How long was that there? She asked herself.

Anita groaned and started scratching at her arms more. Looking down, a sharp gasp came from her lips. Norah ran towards her, thinking something had happened. Anita's arms were lined up and down with silvery blue scales. Norah gave a sigh of relief. "You had me worried, dear."

"What are these?!" Anita asked, shooting her arm out, right in front of Norah's face. "Those are-"

"I don't care what they are! Make them go away!" Anita whined. Norah pursed her lips, pushing Anita's hand downward. "I can't make them go away. They won't. Not until you finish your full transformation." Norah informed. Her eyes widened. Anita was hypervintilating. Never in Norah's like had she seen so many intakes. "Sister Crystal!" She called, not knowing what to do.

Crystal entered, pushing the tassels of the entrance away. "Yes, Norah?" She asked. "Anita, she's doing something with her body." Norah pointed at the girl. Crystal too had never seen someone hypervintilate before. She thought that if she could calm Anita down, she would stop. Crystal sat on the bed by her. "Anita, love," She said. Anita looked at her. Her chest continued to heave up and down. Crystal put soft hands on her cheeks and closed her eyes. Anita's eyes drifted close as well. Slowly, Anita's breathing slowed down, and reached a normal pace. Norah was familiar with the sight. She knew of Crystal's power to charm and to calm.

She reached a hand out for Anita, a beautiful smile pasted on her face. Anita blinked, and giggled. She grabbed her hand. "I love you." The woman said. "I love you too." Anita smiled.

"You and daddy are the only ones who treat me good...Promise me you'll never leave me?"

"How could I ever leave you sweetie? I will forever be in your heart." She said to Anita, but she was sure the nine year old wouldn't understand. "I promise Anita...I will never, ever, leave you."

Her hands moved and her eyes opened. Anita still kept hers closed, trying to grasp ahold of the picture perfect female that Crystal showed her, but eventually it faded away, leaving the girl in saddness. She frowned, and opened her eyes. The two were staring at her. "What did you see?" Crystal asked. She could call upon the sight of what Anita desired most, but her eyes would be blocked off from it.

"My mom..." Anita so very well wished that the vision was real, but that was all it was, a vision. A sight of the past, only there for a split second, and then gone.

That one held a special place in her heart though...it was the last conversation she and her mom had. The day after, Anita was taken to the hospital for a reason she did not know. She caught the news from her dad talking with the doctors. Her mom had passed from Breast Cancer. It wasn't until she was older did she even know what Breast Cancer was...and it was a blow she took hard to the heart.

Mom...you promised to never leave me.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize that it was short. Please comment, fan and vote. <3