Chapter Eight: Fish Man

Anita had been silent for the next few hours. Crystal felt slightly bad, many people didn't desire to see the death of a loved one, most wanted to have super strength or be rich and famous or even a sixth sense. Norah didn't exactly know why Anita was so sad. In her world, they didn't mourn over the dead, they treasured it. It was a celebration when someone in the Mer world had passed. That meant that the Goddess of the Sea had better plans for that certain person.

Anita was scratching her arms. When she went back to the water for a drink, the scales came back as soon as she dipped her hands in. She had been trying to stop scratching, since after a while it started burning, but it was so...itchy. Anita sighed, running her nails along her arm.

"Please dear, stop scratching."

It was the voice again. Crystal's voice.

She turned around. Crystal was staring at her arms with a worried look. It took all of Anita's strength to ball her hands up into fists and put them behind her back.

"Mother Crystal!" The voice of a male called. Anita's eyes searched around. She didn't know their would be boys here!

All she saw so far were females. She even saw a few children, but not many, and they were all girls. They seemed scared of her, yet so curious.

Anita snapped back to reality when Crystal's slim figure gracefully slid past her. "Mason, what is it?" She asked, approaching the water but not daring to touch it. "I was swimming along our coast, I must have gone too far. There is another one. A boy." He said.

Anita didn't know what he was talking about, and she didn't care honestly. She was amazed by his body.

The top half was physically structured to be that of a man. Large arms, and a large muscular body, but the bottom half was a different story.

The red contrasted with the blue of the water.

Anita rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times. My eyes must be deceiving me. She thought, but as she opened her eyes, it was still there.

She stepped closer to get a better glimpse. He didn't notice, he was too busy chatting with Crystal.

Anita now got a clear vision of the tanilizing sight. Nothing had changed. He had a red tail going directly from under his belly button, it lengthed passed where his legs should have been, and vanished in the deeper and darker parts of the water. She saw enough though.

A smile decorated Anita's face. Never before had she seen one, but he was a living,

Breathing,

Thriving...Fish man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize that it was short. Please comment, fan and vote. <3