Chapter Ten: Questions

"I don't get it. How is it possible? Does it hurt? I just don't get it." Anita was frustrated yet curious. She had been stalking the Fish Man around everywhere during the night trying to get answers.

Logical Answers. Not mythical ones.

According to her, it wasn't physically possible for a man to grow a tail when touched by water, and summon feet when on land.

"I can't explain it. I don't know how too. Will you stop with the questions?" He asked, sighing. Anita only saw everything because several lights lit up the sand covered platform. Usually, if someone asked to be left alone, she would go.

Now, she refused.

"But your a Fish Man!" Half of the people turned to look at her. The male even swung on his feet. She blinked, not knowing what she said wrong. Whispers ehoed through her ears, the women began shaking their heads, the children stared at her with wide eyes.

"I'm not a-"

"Mason." Crystal said. He looked over towards her. She gave a light shake of the head. The boy known as Mason shot a look at Anita before walking off and into a cabin built just as the rest. This time, Anita didn't follow. She wanted to leave. What would her dad think? Did they send a search party out for her? Was her father even worried? Would she be on the news?

So many questions, and little to non answers.

Crystal laid a hand on Anita's shoulder, snapping the girl out of her thoughts. Anita frowned, and without saying anything, moved to the memerized lodge. She pushed pass the tassels and sat on the bed. She wanted to sleep, but she couldn't with all these thoughts. Why was he mad at her? She was only asking a few questions.

Crystal's golden hair could be seen out of the corner of Anita's eye. "I was just curious...I didn't mean to anger him." She whispered. The Goddess sat by her. "You didn't. Mason...he just...doesn't like to be referred to as a Fish Man. That wasn't very polite dear." She said calmly. Her voice was like honey, smooth and sweet.

"But that's what he is. He's a Fish Man." Anita threw her hands out. She knew that what she had said was wrong. "How would you feel if someone called you a Fish Woman?" Crystal asked. Anita thought about it. Maybe she did sound a bit rude. Her hands dropped on her lap.

"I'm not a fish though..." Anita whimpered, looking at the beautiful woman.

Crystal pursed her lips, hiding a smile. "You're not a fish, hm?"

"Of course I'm not. Right?"

Crystal let out a light chuckle. "Rest my precious Anita." She sounded just like Anita's mom, and for that, Anita obeyed.

She slipped under the covers and laid her head on the rather uncomfortable pillow. Crystal smiled warmly at her. She looked up towards the ocean blue light. Her eyes shimmered.

The light bulb flickered, and turned off.

"Crystal?" Anita asked after a few seconds. The room felt empty, and she knew that it was because she was now the only one there. The silence wasn't helping at all. It was a little hot, and all her questions played through her mind.

The way Crystal left made Anita wonder about herself.

Could she be a Fish Woman?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize that it was short. Please comment, fan and vote. <3