Pt.4

Even though Taehyung officially declared you two as friends- or 'someone nice to be around' as he called it- nothing much changed between you two. To put it simply, you both reverted to your usual bickering, as if the whole situation you were put with him didn't happen at all. Which didn't bother you in the slightest, since you hadn't really taken what he said seriously anyway.

"The stereotype of college food being gross? Yeah, never thought it was true until I actually tried it." You heard Jimin say between bites, eating despite what he just said. Well, there's not much else to eat anyway.

"It's better than starving." Jungkook shrugged, popping some Skittles in his mouth. He says it's better than starving, even though he was eating Skittles and a probably expired bag of chips he bought from the convenience store.

"And I have gym after this." You mumbled, pretending to sob (even though you were damn close to actually doing it) as you angrily bit down on your lunch.

"Yes! Gym!" And unfortunately, you had it with Taehyung. You didn't entirely hate having gym with him- since he was always so busy trying to show off to the girls- but seeing him think so highly of himself every time he scored or when the girls leeched onto him frustrated you as you felt like slapping the narcissistic boy.

You continue sulking, "Lunch is probably the only class I'm good at."

Taehyung snickered, "I think you pronounced 'I'm dumb and can't do anything' wrong."

You held your hand to your ear, "I think I'm hearing flies buzzing, how weird." You swat at the air, shrugging to yourself and smiling sarcastically in Taehyung's direction.

He opens his mouth to retort, but is interrupted by a random girl showing up, sitting on his lap and eating his face off, much to the discomfort of the group. Are you serious, right in front of my salad-

Taehyung pushes her away with an emotion you couldn't quite distinguish, taking her wrist and leading her away roughly from your sight, thank god. Well, thank god for them leaving, not for him leading her away harshly. You turn to look at Yoongi to your right, peacefully eating, his shoulders sagging in relief along with everyone else. You tap his arm to catch his attention,

"Is that a regular thing?" You point to the door the two had just exited from, the older male nodding as he sighed,

"Sadly, yes. Jimin has known him the longest, and apparently he wasn't always like this. No one knows why he changed, though." He said unperturbed, continuing to eat the greasy food the cafeteria provided.

"Huh. Weird." Is all you said, reaching into Jungkook's packet of chips and grabbing a handful of it, much to the dismay of the youngest. You bid your farewell to them, leaving behind the noisy students to change into your gym clothes, though not without moping about it the entire time.

~

You stopped, panting, your hands on your knees to try and regain your breath before running as fast as your legs could take you in your exhausted state. Whoever invented gym all those years ago deserved to rise from his grave, get a strong punch to the face, and then fall dead.

"Wow, you're really bad at this, aren't you?" Taehyung halted beside you on the running track, though not without hopping in place before proceeding to do jumping jacks, only to rub his fitness in your face. What a prick.

Still panting, you give him the middle finger as he laughed in amusement. Nevertheless, he stayed beside you, even as the rest of the students running the laps passed the two of you within seconds, both of you way far behind them as you continued having war flashbacks. Taehyung walked beside you with long strides as you ran, yet he was still easily keeping up with you, which slightly insulted you because damn him and his tallness, but you kept your arguments to yourself.