Pt.7

"Oppa~" She boldly called out, holding onto the man's arm once she reached him, the other girls trailing behind her, shyly approaching as well. He stared at her with a look of annoyance, which surprised her the slightest bit.

"What?" Taehyung asked with a hard expression, shaking her off his arm as he walked away from her, leaving her behind in the school's hallway as she stood in place for a bit in shock. She recovered, skipping towards the boy and walking beside him, making sure to keep a bit of distance as to not make him upset,

"Taehyungie oppa, you haven't been with me for a while. Is everything okay?" He halted to inspect the girl's features. He suspected she- as well as the other girls- were one of the cheerleaders or something, though when he racked his memory for a name, nothing stood out. She must have been one of the dozens of girls he hasn't bothered rejecting or something.

The man scoffed, asking with a smirk, "Why, do you miss me?"

The shorter girl blushed, covering her mouth with her hands as she turned away, fanning herself to wipe off the red color of her cheeks. His smirk dropped. Y/N would have answered with a cocky remark-

He shook his head. Why did he think that?

He started walking away again, not bothering to wait for the girl whom he was barely even acquainted with, "I can't, I'm studying today."

That successfully snapped her out of her reverie, her eyes widening at the normal sentence that didn't sound normal at all coming from his lips. Kim Taehyung had too much of a 'bad boy vibe' to do something as simple and productive as studying, "You're what?"

"Are you deaf?" He scoffed, waving his hands in their direction to gesture for them to stop following him. He always welcomed the girls into his arms, but for some reason, today he just felt annoyed. Without another word, he leaves the girls baffled behind him, walking in the direction of the library. Or at least where he hoped the library was.

The two guys who witnessed the entire exchange shared glances, the youngest of the two sipping on his drink without a care in the world as the older contemplated. "Jungkook," Jimin starts, watching as the younger raised a brow and cocked his head, "don't you think Taehyung's been acting a little differently?"

The innocent boy sticks a french fry in his mouth and shrugs, not really having paid much attention, unlike his keen hyung, "I dunno. What do you mean?"

"I mean-" He halts his sentence and struggles to find the right words, "It's just- he's been rejecting girls a lot these days. And is.. willingly doing college work."

"Uh-" The younger turns his head towards the large windows and sees said boy's silhouette walking in the opposite direction of the library, the poor boy never having gone to the place before as he never really gave a thought to studying since high school, "...Maybe he had a change of heart?"

The older boy narrows his eyes in suspicion, staring at his friend who's figure disappears down a hallway, still going in the wrong direction, "Yeah. Maybe."

~

"What are you doing?" You ask, staring at the clueless Taehyung who had passed the library's entrance at least twice, as you had spotted from the inside. The man peers over your shoulder, spotting the array of books stacked neatly on the shelves, and it was quite obvious that he had reached the school's library.

He couldn't ask for directions, oh no, that would be beyond embarrassing for someone with a reputation such as his. He was really just walking around aimlessly with a stupidly confused expression, but he couldn't just tell you that. Though you already knew, unbeknownst to him.