Replacements

*Cynthia's POV*

We were both taken to a cell made of stone. The beds were carved out of the walls and the only matress was a thin ragged blanket. The floor was cold and uneven, and the walls were uneven aswell, except for the door, which was made out of rusty iron bars. The creature that brought us here looked to be made out of shadows. It would've looked really awesome if we weren't probably gonna die... The figure locked the door and dissapeared,.leaving us to what was probably the last moments of our lives.

"What do you think will happen?..." Darren asked quietly. I couldn't answer right away. Thinking about it was one thing, but saying it outloud was completely different. That made it real. And in this case, real wasn't good.

"honestly Darren," i started. "i-i think we're gonna d-die." I said, my voice breaking. I've died once. I was in a wonderful place. But i was given a second chance, and i blew it. I killed a family. And even if it was an accident, then i would still be in trouble because of my urge to get revenge on my Dad.

"i'm afraid Darren." I say, watching a tear fall to the dusty stone floor. I wasn't going to that wonderful place this time... Not this time...

"Hey." He said in a strict tone. "you can't be afraid. Not now. We're gonna get out of here. Safe and sound."

"o-ok..."

All we could do was sit and stare at the metal bars. There was nothing else to do. I looked up when sonething popped into my mind.

"hey Darren?"

"yeah?"

"remember whenever we first talked?"

"hmm... Yeah. I think so. You were in the middle of loading your.car up for vacation."

"yeah. That's the one."

We just sat there in silence, remembering the conversation. It was amusing. We discussed my mother killing a mosquito with a sword made of aluminum foil... It was odd...

A guard walked up to the door and pointed at me. I took a deep breath and looked at Darren. He mouthed something. It looked like trust Slender. I nodded and looked away as a tear fell from my face again. The guard led me through the dark hallways until we were led to a huge room with a throne on the balcony-like thing. And on that throne sat the buisness man. Zalgo.

"You may be seated in the seat directly across from mine." He said in a noble voice. I nodded and made my way to the chair. Before i knew it, he wasn't in a buisness suit anymore. He was a dark being, with glowing red veins and red horns on the side of his head. He was truly terrifying.

"Tell me, how do you plead? It's bot like it helps anything. You'll die anyway."

"i plead guilty Sir."

His eyes widened and he leaned back in his throne.

"is that so?" He asked curiously. "that doesn't usually happen."

"well i was never normal to begin with Sir."

He chuckled. "all right. We both think that you're guilty. You may turn to the man on your left now."

I looked and saw a man that looked pretty normal, besides the knife he was holding. It's handle was gold and the blade was made out of what reminded me of obsidean. The handle seemed to have... Veins? Yeah... Red veins.

"it's the only thing that will do the job of killing the immortal. Yes, it tends to be a messy job, but it works. Now, any last words to say to your friends and family?"

"no sir. I have nothing left to say."

"excellent." He said and he snapped his fingers. Before the blade could even peirce my skin, we all heard a loud rumble from outside which shook the room.

"what the devil was that?!" He yelled angrily. Before the guard could answer, there was another rumble. And another. And the the door fell down. In came Masky, Hoodie, Jack, and a couple others i didn't recognize. They basically just murdered all the guards without hesitation O_O

And then came Slender. He approached Zalgo respectivly.

"Master Zalgo, i apologize for the interruption, but i think we can make a deal."

"... Go on."

"what if i switched the prisoners?"

"with others of your household?"

"yes sir. BUT you can't kill them. Only use them for labor."

"hmm..." He thought for a minute. "i think that can be done."

"excellent. I'll switch this one for the boy," he said while carrying in... Sally?!?

"Slender what are you-" i tried yelling but he shushed me.

"she's old enough and we've discussed this. She volunteered happily." He said while gently pushing Sally towards Zalgo. She nodded and walked to his chair.

"Also" said Slender. "I'll trade this one for the girl." He said while bringing out... Ben. No.

My heart sank as i saw Ben walk through the door, with his head down. He looked up just enough to say three words. I love you.

"Permission to speak to a prisoner!" I shouted desperatly. Zalgo nodded and i ran to Ben. He embraced me in a tight hug and it felt like he was never going to let go. I wish. I looked up at him and kissed him, to which he kissed back, pressing my body up to his.

"why the hell... are you... Doing this?" I asked inbetween all our kissing.

"i couldn't... Let you... Die again... I love you." He replied. I smiled sadly and hugged him again, my face buried in his neck. He whispered into my ear.

"i love you. I love you so much. I'm not going to be back for a long time, so you have to remember me ok? Remember me, because i'll be back for you. And the guys will take care of you if Jeff comes back. He's not dead. You might think he is, but he's not. Darren, Jack, and Masky and Hoodie. They'll all take care of you... God i'm gonna miss you so much." He finished, while kissing me again.

"i'm gonna miss you too. I love you Ben. I don't want you to forget either."

Zalgo told us that Ben had to go. Ben pulled off his hat and handed it to me.

"remember." He said softly.

"i will.."

And with that, he followed Sally and a few guards.into a doorway. And he was... Gone.