CHAPTER SIX: WORK ON US

— SAGE ANDERSON  

"I don't know Kentrell.." I said and looked away from him. "What do I gotta' do fa' us ta' be togetha' again?" I couldn't believe my ears. I stepped back from him, I raised my eyebrows. "You really want us back together?" I asked him, with the same look on my face. He nodded his head, and licked his lips. "Well, you gotta' work for us to be together. You have to learn to not lie to me. Keep it real, keep it 100, Kentrell. You have to be fully committed to me and only me. No side chick "label" trying to be the main. I need to be the main. Trust, and Faith. Oh yeah and you gotta' be loyal too." He nodded his head, looking down.

I grabbed his face, with both of my hands, and looked him in the eyes. "Remember what you said? And remember what you promise?" I asked him. "Yeah." He said lowly, "Start by that, and keeping your word." I leaned in, standing on my tippy toes, I leaned in and kissed him. I pulled away, and wiped his lips with my thumb. "I'll keep my word and I'll keep my promise. I'll do whateva' it takes for you to give us a second chance." I turned around, he wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned back on him, laying back. He kissed my cheek, I smiled with my eyes closed.

The sun went down, it was dark. It was a few people here, we didn't pay them no mind. It felt like it was just us there. "You know we have to think of baby names?" I turned looking at him, and I asked. "Yeah, ha' name should start off with a K." I shook my head, playfully rolling my eyes. "Why her name should start with a K? Why it can't be an S or an M?" I asked him with my eyebrows furrowed. I said out of curiosity. "Because like I said it is. Ha' middle name can be an S or a M. You probably was thinkin' M because of Mina." I laughed cause he was right.

"Mina, is like my sister. So of course. And her last name?" I asked him. "It's Gaulden, fuck you mean?" I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay. okay. Her last name is Gaulden. But her nameee?" I smiled and asked, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Uh, shit let me think.."It took him awhile for him to even say a name. "I'll tell you the names, I have since you in deep thought." He started chuckling. "Say it den'." I shrugged my shoulders, and breathed in and out. "Okay, I have Kennedy. I thought of a few more. Three thought of Kennedy and some more. (When he really didn't but.. 😂) Mina thought of some." He smacked his lips.

"My daughter ain't having no ghetto ass name, Mina thought of." I started laughing how serious he was. "No, actually the names she said weren't ghetto. They were actually beautiful." I enlightened him. "What's the names she thought of?" He asked. "Okay, these are the K names. She thought of Kanari and Kiari." He nodded his head. "Thank god, she ain't name no ghetto name fa' my baby." He shook his head and laughed. "Ima' tell her you said that." I laughed and said. "What other names Three thought of?" Kentrell asked.

"I actually Three was gonna' be the one who was going to say some ghetto names." I laughed and said. "Ah don't play my nigga Beenie, like that." We was laughing. "But.." I continued: "He said, Kashi or Kash." He nodded his head. "What chu' think of?" He asked, I smiled, looking away from him. "I was thinking about instead of Kanari, I was thinking Kanaria, Kali, Kaylah, and Karisma." He laughed when I said Karisma. "I like them, Our main focus. Ight' I like Kanari, Kali, Kiari or Kennedy." I nodded my head. "Okay, we still gonna' think about the names though. I liked quite a few of those, so it's going to be hard, picking what her name is going to be." I said to him, then I turned around looking at the ocean.

"Wanna' take a dip?" He asked me, I laughed. I hope he ain't talking about skinny dippin'. "No. I am not skinny dippin' in that ocean. Yeah right." I giggled. The ocean waves was already brushing against my feet. "Mane, you wack. That shit probably would've been fun." I shrugged my shoulders. "You ready to go? They probably worried about us." I laughed and said, grabbing his hand, and my dress, walking up.

"Hell nah, they would've been called by na'." He pulled his phone out. "Well?" I questioned. "They did. And my mama called me." I shook my head. "Exactly but ''Hell nah, they would've been called.." I mocked him. "Shut cho' ass up. I ain't know." I laughed. We got to his car. He opened the door, I sat down, I brushed my feet off with my hand, getting the sand off. I got in the car, I put my sandals on. "You ain't get no sand in my car did you?" I rolled my eyes, and pointed to my feet. "Do you see any sand?" I asked him sarcastically. "Yeah in between yo' toes." I bust out laughing, in between my toes. "Not in your car though exactly." I said and pointed to him.