CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: THE WAIT

— SAGE ANDERSON

"When y'all get back?" Ben asked. "Not too long ago, where y'all niggas ran off too?" K inquired. "This nigga got us lost." Ben exclaimed, smacking KD in the back of his head. Kentrell started laughing. "How da' fuck you get lost?" Kentrell chuckled. "Ion' even know my damn self." KD uttered. I shook my head. "Where's is Ximena?" I asked, looking at all of them.

"Man her and Joe was in da' car flirting the whole time, and look." They was laughing coming inside the house. "Hey everybody." Ximena greeted, but everybody was staring at them. "Why are they staring at us?" Ximena asked Joe. "Ion' know, yeah why is y'all starin'?" Joe interrogated.

"Um.. Y'all did not come in the house when everybody did, so of course we're gonna' stare." Mina scoffed. Joe smacked his lips. "Fuck outta' here." He muttered. "Joe don't ask to get yo' ass beat." Mina threatened, then she sat down on the other couch. Three sat beside her, then they all had to scoot all the way over to the other side, for everyone to sit down.

Some had to get chairs to sit down. I laid down on the armrest, playing with K's hair. He had his eyes closed. He looked like he was about to fall asleep, but they loud asses, yelling at the TV playing 2K. He held Kayden and got up. He grabbed my hand, pulling me up, "The hell yall about to go?" Mina asked. "Somewhere you're not." Kentrell uttered as we went up the stairs.

Mina said something but I didn't hear it all the way. He shut the door after I came in. He laid Kayden down, and laid beside him. "Come on." Kentrell said impatiently. I smacked my lips. "I'm trying to take my shoes off." I said as I really was taking my shoes off. I got on the bed. "Come lay behind me and play in ma' hair." I already knew he wanted me to play in his hair. I looked to the corner, my eyes lit up when I seen my Winnie the Pooh bear. Ima' get it when we come back from Quarters.

I got on the bed, and crawled to the left side of him. I laid upwards, I put my fingers in his hair and started massaging his scalp. I kissed the side of his neck then laid down on the pillow. 10 minutes later, I heard his light snores. I leaned up, looking over to see Kayden sleep too. I pulled my phone out checking the time. It was almost 3:30, Ken should be here soon.

I put my phone back down, I went to sleep.

We woke up around 3:55. It was a short ass nap. Kayden was up, and the door opened. "Kentrell, here ya' son. I'm keeping Kamiri since you want Kamron. And hey BM." Starr said, then she waved at me. "Hey." I laughed. She brought Kamron to Kentrell. "Ight." Kentrell muttered, then she walked out the room and shut the door.

"Go see if Ken out there." Kentrell uttered. I got up from the bed, I walked out the room, and went downstairs. I seen all of them coming inside the house, and I seen Ken. "Aww my girlfriend was waiting on a nigga." I shook my head and laughed. He walked up the steps, and hugged me, I hugged him back. It was a friendly hug, nothing like that.

"His ass cheatin' on you Sage, saw him kissing a lil' bih at his school." I gasped after Ben said that. "You've been cheating on me Ken?" I acted shock. Ken smacked his lips. "She don't mean nun' to me. You my number oneeeee." I laughed at him. "Go ahead be with her, I'm not going to be mad." I said, and he looked down pointing up. I turned my head, Kentrell was just standing there, holding Kamron and Kayden.

"Bae you up?" I had to act surprised. "Stop actin' you knew I was up." He said coming down the stairs. Ken walked back down, and I walked down the rest of the steps. I seen Ximena sitting on Joe's lap, and Joe was playing the game with Boomer. Three and Mina was laid up. Ben and KD was smoking standing up.

"Are y'all even ready? Y'all niggas all boo'd up and shit." K uttered. They smacked they lips. "Like you and Sage don't be laid up all da' time." Three said. "Ain't it." Mina added. K smacked his lips. "Bae that is true." I giggled, following behind him. "But is y'all ready?" K asked. They all got up, Ben turned the TV off, we walked out of the house. Kentrell gave me his car keys. "Pop the trunk." He instructed me to do.