CHAPTER TWELVE: QUESTIONS

— SAGE ANDERSON 

"I'm so tired." I yawned. "Go ta' sleep when you get in the house." Kentrell said. "What chu' think ima' do when I get in the house?" I asked sarcastically. He side eyed me. "Don't play wit' me." Kentrell said. "Play wit' cho' bitch." We all rapped, Kentrell smacked his lips, shaking his head, laughing a little. "Y'all would quote that." I giggled, after he said that. "Nigga you need to collaborate wit' Dolph, that shit will be fire." Ben said, and he ain't lying neither.

"True." Kentrell said. I felt the car stop, and the doors unlocked. "We here?" I asked, sitting up. "Yeah." I looked out in the window, we was parked at the house. Mina's car was here, but not Aunt Liv's. . I gotten my bookbag from the floor, about to get out the car, but Kentrell reached over and grabbed my arm. "What?" I asked. He smacked his lips, letting my arm go. "Nun' bye." He such a cry baby. I leaned over grabbed his face, and kissed all over it. "Look at all that lip gloss. All over his face, here nigga you need a napkin." Ben said, passing him a napkin. I laughed, he had a whole bunch of kiss marks on him. Lucky I didn't wear red today.

"He was lucky, I didn't wear red. But bye y'all." I laughed and said as I got out the car. "Who told yo' ass ta' wear leggings ta' school?!" I heard Kentrell yelled. "It's Monday!" I yelled back. Monday is still lazy day. I don't dress up until the middle of the week. (I do this shit too. 😆) "So!" He yelled back. I turned around, he was hanging out the window. I shook my head and laughed. "And is that a thong?" I bust out laughing. "No, it's not no damn thong! Bye Youngboy Never Broke Again." I said to be petty. "Bet. When I come back it's going ta' be problems." He leaned back into the car. I unlocked the door, and went inside.

I looked at Mina, her eyes swelling went down. "Hey Mimiiii. I missed youuu." I sung loudly. "I missed you too. Shhh. I'm trying to sleep, damn." I shook my head and laughed. "You need to wake up. Embrace the sun or something, it's dark in here." I walked to the curtains then I pulled the string to the curtains and let sunlight in here. She pulled the covers over her head. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Alright, since you wanna' be stubborn. I'm going to my room and I'm gonna' take a nap." I said looking at her, she still has the cover over her head.

I shook my head, and went upstairs. I took my shoes, and clothes off except for my bra and panties. And it was boyshorts, while Kentrell thinking somebody wearing a thong. I wanted to get comfortable. I looked at my calendar, it was almost Rahkim's birthday. It was in the next week. I was going to go to his gravesite for it, and put some more flowers on it. I might go alone, I don't know.. Ima' think about it.

I laid down in my bed, grabbed my remote turning on the TV. It was re-runs of Love and Hip Hop. I rolled my eyes, that fake ass reality show. Mona Scott be making them all meet up at a certain place on purpose, just how with Yandy and Chrissy. I changed the channel to Lifetime. They ain't have nothing so I changed it to BET. It was re-runs of Martin. Swear if I had a friend like Shenehneh. I would not be going nowhere in public with her crazy ass. 😂

I cuddled my bear. My bear going to end up being Kanari soon. It's only 6 more months. That shit going to come fast. Just how my 3 months did. Now I'm about to be 4 months. It's like it's a countdown for her arrival. I can't wait to hold her for the first time and see her. I can't wait to be far along to get that 3D ultrasound. I smiled to myself, just thinking about her period. What she's going to be when she grow up, and how she's going to be. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

-

I woke up, feeling arms around my waist, and I looked down Kentrell was laying on my chest. "When did you get here?" I asked. "Just na'." He chuckled. I felt him tug on my boyshorts. "Oh it wasn't no thong. But it was some lace boyshorts." He smacked my ass. "Ow, move." I pushed him off of me and scooted away from him. "I didn't hit chu' hard, stop cryin' all da' time." I rolled my eyes turning my back on my side. He came scooting up beside me. He pulled me to him, by my waist. "Aww bae you mad?" He laughed and said, he licked my cheek then kissed all over the right side of my face.