3

"I just wanted to ask you a serious question."  My heart started to race.

"Okay?  You're kind of worrying me."  You could hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Are... Are you being bullied at school?"  I couldn't say anything else.  He was silent, and the suspense was killing me.  Even though we just met a week ago I felt very protective over him.

"No.  This school has been great so far.  Why do you ask?"  I let out a breath.

"Just wondering since some people can be jerks." I start to hear thumping on his end of the phone.

"Oh, Jessie, I've got to go.  I forgot that I have some chemistry homework to do." 

"Okay, bye."  Quickly before the phone call ended I heard a door open and a woman's sobs.

I wonder what that was about.

That reminded me though that I didn't finish my homework either.  I head downstairs to grab my backpack.  I went straight to the couch and back to my room, so I wouldn't have to look at the kitchen.

The rest of the night was pretty boring.  I locked my bedroom door and put on my headphones to block out my mom for the night.  It was around 11 p.m. when I decided to text Alex goodnight.  Maybe Dan and Phil too while I'm at it.

Me:  Hope you got your chemistry homework done, otherwise I'll have to keep my ion you.  ;)
Me:  sorry that was REALLY bad

Now, I'll just text Dan and Phil in a group chat because I'm lazy.

Me:  Hey, don't know why I'm texting you this, but goodnight!
Phil:  Jess you should go to sleep, its kinda late
Dan:  Says the man who said we were gonna stay up all night and cuddle
Me:  Sorry for my intrusion  XD
Dan:  haha It's fine

It seemed odd that Alex still hadn't replied since he usually replies right away, but I figured he was just busy.  Which is fine.  I set my alarms and put my phone on my nightstand.  Once that was done I let sleep take over my mind.

Everything is black.  Suddenly I start to here a quiet piano rhythm, and my eyes flicker open.  It continues on, and I start walking through a dimly lit corridor.  On the walls were paintings, but they were blurry so I didn't look at them too long.  The peaceful melody carried along as I spotted a door at the end of the hall.

I started to fast walk to the door when I felt something holding me back.  The force tugged against my arms, and wrapped itself around my neck.  It slowly got tighter while I heard a female voice whisper "You can't escape your fate".  I fought against it with all my might because I needed to get to the door.  In an instant the force shattered, like a rock smashing through a window.  I caught myself when I fell forwards, and shot back up to my feet.  The door was in reach now, but it opened before I had the chance to life a finger.

Peering inside I see a room that looked to be taken straight out of the movie Beauty and the Beast.  From the crystal chandeliers to the decorated stone floors it was perfect.  Then I spot a man with a black victorian ball outfit on facing the window behind him.  He turns around with a kind smile.  I recognize him as Alex, but what was he doing wearing that.  His hand raises, and his fingers snap.  A stream of sparkles float over to me.  They slowly circle me at first then got faster and faster until I spun along with them.

After a few seconds they stopped, but the only thing different was how I felt.  I look down to see I was now wearing a white and teal victorian ball gown.  Alex took a few steps towards me and grabbed my hand.  I stared into his hazel eyes as we started to slow dance.  As cliché as it sounds, everything was perfect.  Alex stopped dancing and reached his hand towards my face, stroking from my forehead to under my chin.

But perfect doesn't last forever.

There was a huge roar of thunder that shook the room and stopped the piano.  Alex looked at me with only two emotions that usually don't mix.  Fear and contentment

"Pardonne moi ma amour."  Was all he whispered before taking a step back.

I reached out to him, but he just looked down with a guilty expression.  He started to dissolve right before me, and with every second it happened my heart felt like it was being squeezed.  Tears pricked my eyes.

"Please don't leave me."

I gasped for air as I gripped the sheets.  Nothing could explain how that dream made me feel.  Confused was the only word that came to mind.  Then a certain red head popped into my mind.  My head shifted so was looking at my nightstand, or more specifically my phone.  I was debating whether to text Alex or not when my alarm started to go off.

My morning routine contained the usual things, but I still didn't have any sort of response from Alex.  I didn't want to call him because I didn't want to seem clingy, plus I would see him at school anyways. 

In every class I couldn't escape my thoughts.  They were a cage that I couldn't get out of.  From the outside I just looked like a concentrated student tapping their shoe and picking at their nails, but on the inside every fiber of my being was telling my something was wrong.  It was currently eighth hour and Alex wasn't here.

Wednesday he wasn't at school.

Thursday there was no sign of him either. 

No texts, no calls, no nothing.

Within that two day time period my mind took over everything.  It went down a deep and dark hole that even Phil and Dan couldn't pull me out of.  I couldn't handle it.  Thursday night I locked the bathroom door.  After two months of being clean, after all that hard work, I was throwing it away because I had lost my lifeline.

I currently was grasping the small shiny piece of metal in my shaky hand.  I was waiting for something... anything to stop me.  That's when I felt it.  My phone.

With my free hand I grabbed it.

Mom:  Today I saw you have a yearly doctors visit next week.  Better cut down on the chips if you don't want to come home with insulin. ❤️❤️

Well that's just wonderful.

You can probably guess what happened that night.

--

I hadn't spoken a word all day.  People noticed and tried to make me feel better, but I would just sit stationary.  Emotionless.

During seventh hour I started to secretly scratch the fresh wounds from last night.  I couldn't feel it though.  As crazy as it may sound, the feelings drained my soul.  My head hung low while I silently walked through the hallways.  One more hour and I could just absolutely give up on life for more than twenty four hours.

As I sat at my spot in French the pain of everything started to hit me.  My head pounded as I clutched it breathing heavily.  Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I took one last breath, and looked up at the person who I assumed was the teacher.

The red hair I saw though changed my mind.  It was Alex.  Standing right in front of me with a smile.  I forgot about everything else in that moment.  I lept forwards and wrapped my arms around him so tight.

"Oh my god.  Oh my god.  Oh my god.  I missed you so much."  I must have repeated that five times before the teacher lectured us again. 

"Where were you?"  My breathless voice made it seem even more like a cheesy romance movie.  The kids that were in the classroom started to whisper about I'm assuming us since we were acting like a married couple.  His face suddenly dropped. 

"Meet me at Glennview park tonight at 5.  We'll talk there."  Just then the bell rang, and class began.  Only then I had realized my long sleeves had rolled up after hugging Alex. 

Oh no.