Chapter 8:

Sam gave me an admonishing look.I frowned,confused.

"Uh...I was kidding?"I say unconvincingly."Ha.Ha.Ha."I fake a laugh.

"Okay,darling.I hope you know vampires only exsist in stories."She said a bit worriedly.

"Of course I know that mom."I 'scoff'.Sam smiled in approval.

"Oh by the way,Twilight's going to come to France along with Danielle with us.Is that fine?"Sam politely

asked in a fake French drawl.A shadow crosses Tray's handsome face.

"Mom stopped kissing me and turned to look at Sam.Al least she'll be away from the intruder,I felt her thinking.

"Why do you want to go to France in the middle of the school year?"mom inquired,puzzled.

Sam was stumped for a moment.How did mom not know about the vampires anymore?Had she gone mad or something?

"We're uh...learning about the French history,and now were going there to be able to actually see the real thing...you know."Sam lied smoothly.

Mom didn't quite buy it yet."Why didn't I hear anything about this from the school?Or Mrs.Rodriguez?"

"Its only for very few students.The smart ones who are interested in knowing more about the subject.In fact,as you noticed."Sam gave her a stern look."We started a group and hanging out with each other.Its very secretive.No one knows about it except us,the principal,and someone the school recently hired to guide us on our trip."Sam continued his convincing lie.

"I see...and when are you supposed to leave?"she demanded.

"Um...the day after tomorrow."Sam replied.

"What!!!!"she yelped,"So soon?"I shot a surprised look at Sam,astonished.

"WHOA!"I faked surprise."The ...uh...teacher,must of said that while I was...um...in the bathroom."I grimaced along with Sam at my horrible attempt to lie.Mom,weirdly,didn't seem to notice a thing.She just smiled widely.Her eyes went from serious mode to dreamy.

Sam and I left the room,and as soon as we weren't within earshot I turned to him sharply.

"How come mom forgot about the vampires?She diesn't know about you guys?What the hell does she think about Danielle?"I demanded loudly.

Sam stopped walking and turned to face me.He placed his muscular body next to mine and put his hands on my shoulders.His gaze met the floor.

"I need to tell you something."he acknowledged me."Us vampires,we have powers.My power-"he sighed."I shouldn't be telling you this.It is very private."he looked deeply into my eyes.

"Go on."I softly urged him.

"My power is the ability to change peoples thoughts."he blurted.

"Whoa!So you could  make me think I'm someone else and everything?!"I exclaimed rather nervously.He smiled."You'll learn to trust me though.I have a few confessions to make."

I faced him,alarmed."I'm a vampire,aren't I?"I said,noticing the dull pain in the back of my neck for the first time.

He nodded."I made you forget so you wouldn't be in pain."he said.I smiled.

"And let this stay between us,okay?"Sam asked.I nodded.

"I know what my power is,too."I slyly said.He turned to me,interested.

But I just put a finger to my lips,and ignored his pleading looks as he followed me to my room.

The ability to see the future in my dreams.I smiled to myself.