Chapter 14:

There it was.The picture.I tried to reach out unsuccesfully.The image blurred and I withdrew my hand.

I tried to focus.I had no clue who the man in the picture was,yet he looked so familiar.I squinted.It was no use,the picture was too blury.A hand reached out to grab me and I blinked,unfazed.

I woke up with a start.It was only a dream.Unless...was there something I was supposed to figure out?

I looked at my surroundings.The members of the group were standing above me smiling,and I noticed for the first time I was lying on the ground.In the middle of nowhere.

"It worked!"I heard a female voice shriek.

"What worked?"I asked in confusion.The others were startled.

"It's fine."Sam said."Doing this erased the last few bits of her memory."He bend over me and looked me in the eye.

"What day is it?"he asked.

I squinted and tried to focus."Friday?"I askd nervously.There were a few nervous chuckles and worried glances from the group.

"Try Thursday a week later."Melissa smiled sympathetically.

"Wait,did it work?"Lola asked shyly.They turned to me and I started to understand.

"You put me to sleep so that I would dream something about the future?"I asked wondrously.

Sam nodded."Did it work?"Joe repeated.

I nodded."I had a vision."I smiled at the new term I had used."About a blurry picture of someone I thought I recognized."

Sam nodded thoughtfully."That could be a good clue for our mission.Any thoughts on who the guy may be?"

"I don't think she remembers anything about the mission."Dean concluded as he saw my troubled face.

I looked at him greatfully and gave a bashed smile.

"What I can tell you guys."he paused."Is that both the groups.Vamps and wolfs for short,have been given a mission.When Rose and I were working together we happened to meet someone.Or something.There was a voice from a cave we had walked past that forced us to vow we'd find a missing son for someone.I'm pretty sure it has evil forces.We were rooted to our spots,forced to vow or give up our lives,and be given a reward for the son's safe return. "Sam turned to me."All clear?"

I blinked and nodded my head."I guess so."I nodded confusedly

"And now the group who succeeds will win the gold.Or the opportunity to live."He chuckled."Hey that's important ,too!"

So it's us against them.Against my own flesh and blood,I mused.

"I have a question."Tiffany spoke up."How come one second we're normal teenagers,and the other we're vampires?Why don't we remember anything?"

Sam grimaced."I believe it has something to do with Rose"he started pacing around us".That the reason I remember...well that doesn't matter right now."

I saw a few curious glances as he snuck a peek at me,as if daring me to say anything .I looked right back at him and let my silent answer flow from eyes.

Of course I wouldn't say anything.He's my boyfriend and the leader of this group.

Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

"Don't worry about her.Once I find that little-"he broke off and curled his fists at his sides.Like I do when I'm mad.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"I believe,that gradually,you'll regain your memory about being vampires.Though you'll never understand how you get from here."he surveyed the area."To your regular lives."

He smiled understandingly."It takes lots of time and practice."

....................................................................................................................................................................................

UNKNOWN'S POV:

I watched them discreetly from above the trees.

So young.So innocent.Oh how would this adventure end!?

As I crept quietly over to some trees on my left I caught sight of Rose's camp.I rubbed my hands together,excited for mischief.

But the painful buzzing in my ear made me think twice.

"Don't you even think about it."the hoarse voice whispered in my ear.

I nodded as tears of pain rolled down my cheeks.

Welcome to my life.