Prolouge

Jungkook sighed in relief when he saw Jin's eyes open. Jin had been out for three weeks and it had a terrible effect on all of them. Mostly Namjoon. 

Namjoon refused to leave Jin's side and it took the remaining five of the friends to drag him away from the side of Jin's bed and to the hospital cafeteria for food.

Jungkook remembered when Jin turned up at his doorstep, unconscious in the rain for what Jungkook assumed to be hours. Jin was missing for three months before he reappeared that day. 

It was the fifth kidnapping that occurred that way. So many other people in Seoul were taken for a few months and then returned to a friend's or family member's house, tortured to the point where they look as if one touch will kill them.

This kidnapping was no different than the others. It took only a glance at Jin for them to realize that something was wrong. Only a glance, and then he was screaming.

Jungkook covered his ears, tears streaming down his face as he watched one of his closest friends clutch onto his head and scream agony. Jungkook would never forget those screams.

Namjoon ran to Jin and tried to pull him into a hug, but Jin flinched and pushed Namjoon into the wall. It took four doctors to hold down the struggling and screaming Jin long enough to knock him out. Namjoon slowly walked over to Jin and wiped the tears from Jin's face.

Jungkook fell into the corner of the hospital room and cried as Jimin pulled him into a hug. The others looked on in pity, for they knew that Jungkook was still too young to handle such a sight. Jungkook cried as the screams of his friend still echoed in his mind, oblivious to the fact that his own screams would soon mix with those of his friend.