The Black Bird

Jimin was livid. His friends were completely dismissing Jungkook's death and moving on to save their own skin. The whole purpose of them being there was to get Jungkook back and make sure all of them got back safely, but here they were. Their numbers were down by two. One of them was missing and the other was dead.

Jimin was shaken from his anger when everyone came to an abrupt stop. Namjoon alternated between looking at their surroundings and looking at the map. He turned to face the others. "This is it."

Jimin glanced around the field. He tensed as he took in the crumpled figure in the center of the clearing. The figure wore a torn up, off-white shirt and baggy grayish green pants. A black bird was resting on the form, pecking away at what Jimin now assumed to be a corpse. A corpse with a familiar head of hair.

"Jungkook!" Jimin cried out and rushed towards the fallen form. The others called after him but he ignored them. His legs burned as he ran but he pushed through the pain. When he reached Jungkook, he swatted at the bird. "Get away from him!"

The bird took off, flapping it's wings in frantic flight. Jimin didn't even look at the animal, he immediately focused on Jungkook. He turned the corpse over, preparing himself to see a lifeless face staring back at him. Instead, he was met with nothing.

It was not Jungkook.

Jimin ripped the wig off of the human shaped, stuffed fabric and threw it on the ground. "Damn it!"

The game master was sick. He used Jungkook's death as a way to taunt them and that only fueled the fire of Jimin's fury. How dare he?

Jimin stood up and turned to walk back to the others. His steps faltered when he saw them. They seemed to be banging on an invisible wall, yelling words he couldn't hear. Except it wasn't an invisible wall.

As Jimin looked closer, he realized that he was surrounded by a dome of an inconspicuous light blue. A force field, Jimin's mind supplied. Or, at least, something close to one.

The others couldn't get in and Jimin couldn't get out.

"Time for the next challenge!" The game master's voice was filled with glee.

The world was silent for a moment. And then it wasn't. Jimin really shouldn't have scared off that bird because now it was back for revenge and it brought friends.