At Least It's Not Another Temple

Namjoon pulled out the tablet once more. The heat signatures were all in one place now, a fourth one present as well. He was right, they were meant to indicate the locations of his friends.

Namjoon zoomed out to view the whole map of the arena. "Alright," he announced and pointed to his right, "the next challenge should be this way."

Jimin looked up in shocked rage. "That's it?" He asked. "We're not even gonna take a minute to process?"

"We don't have time," Namjoon reasoned. "If the rest of us want to get out of this alive, we have to move quickly. We don't want to anger the game master and lose others as a consequence."

"We just lost Jungkook!" Jimin was hysterical now. "He's dead and you're just moving on. Who cares about that asshole of a game master? He killed Jungkook!"

"Jimin..." Hoseok tried to calm his the youngest of the five.

Jimin just shook his head. "Whatever. Lead the way, oh gracious leader."

Namjoon let out a breath. "I'm sorry, Jimin. I really am, but-"

"But nothing!" Jimin crossed his arms. "Just lead, hyung."

Namjoon flinched at the tone. Jimin said the words with such venom, the usual respectful intent of the honorific title lost in Jimin's bitterness.

Yoongi ran a hand through his hair. He desperately wished for this to be some kind of messed up dream but his mind could never make up something like this. Yoongi reached out to place a comforting hand on Jimin's shoulder but was dismissed, his hand shrugged off.

Namjoon took a deep breath and started following the map. "The next challenge seems to be in a field."

"Well, at least it's not another temple," Hoseok tried to joke but it fell flat.