The First Challenge

Hoseok was having a shitty day. He woke up in the middle of a random forest and couldn't find any of his friends. He fell at least five times, two of those times resulting in him scratching his hand on a rock. He now hated rocks.

He found a screen at least an hour ago with four tool options, two of which were already taken. All the tools except for the umbrella we're taken. Hoseok sighed and was about to take the umbrella when it was suddenly crossed off. What the fuck?

When he was about to leave, a new option appeared and that's how Hoseok ended up with a bat that had a picture of a piece of cake printed on the bottom of the handle. Hoseok decided not to question it. Nothing made sense anymore.

He collided face first with Namjoon at least half an hour ago and now they both found Jin and Yoongi. Found was a strong word. More like nearly got decapitated by an umbrella and a mirror at the same time. He didn't know how an umbrella could behead him, but he was not eager to find out.

Hoseok really just wanted to take a nap, but it seemed the universe had other plans for him. This was the only possibility if the masked man on the screen going on about "The First Challenge" had anything to do with it. Hoseok sighed and held onto his bat tighter. He was having a really shitty day.

The four contestants followed the map on Namjoon's tablet. The masked man had said something about the location of the first challenge being inputed into the tablet. Honestly, Namjoon just wanted to punch the masked man in the face. He was done with this bullshit. He just wanted to find his missing friends.

The four boys stopped when the tablet beeped. They had reached their destination. It looked like an abandoned temple of sorts and it really had Namjoon wondering where they were and just how much effort the masked man put into this 'game'.

The screen on the temple lit up and the masked man appeared. A distorted voices sounded through the air. "Congratulations on making it to location of the first challenge! This challenge is on of strength. Choose your strongest warrior."

Yoongi sighed and stepped forward. The rest of them looked reluctant but nodded. Jin was runner up because he had the better weapon and was fairly strong, but Yoongi was definitely stronger and more equipped for whatever shit storm was about to happen.

"Excellent," the distorted voice said in psychotic glee. "Inside the temple, a fight awaits. If Yoongi survives, you may continue to the next challenge. If not, I choose the next competitor. This is a fair punishment for failure, is it not? A simple punishment for a simple trial. The punishments will get worse as the trials continue. I truly do hope you succeed. Seeing you all deal with the horrors that await you will be a lot more fun than you all rotting in your misery. For now at least."

A distorted laugh echoed through the forest before the screen turns black once more. They all took a collective deep breath and entered the temple. Two door ways awaited them. Namjoon frowned and pat Yoongi on the shoulder. "Good luck," He said before walking down the corridor that is labeled 'Audience'. Hoseok and Jin did the same before following Namjoon.

Yoongi took a breath before walking down the corridor labeled 'Competitor'. He gripped his umbrella tighter when realized he was walking into a cage. A cage with a very large robot. A very large robot was his opponent and all he had was a fucking umbrella.

"Well, shit," Yoongi muttered before facing the screen on the wall outside of the cage.

"Welcome to the first challenge, Gladiator Ring!" The masked man announced. "With only an umbrella, our brave warrior must take down my gladiator. The prize of out warrior will be survival."

Yoongi heard his friends protests from outside the cage. He turned to face them. Jin was standing, his face twisted with rage. The others were still sitting, but they didn't look any more pleased than Jin.

"SILENCE!" The masked man roared before continuing, "The group of contestants, in the case of Yoongi's success, will receive a gift of sorts. One of three that you long for."

A video of Jungkook appeared on the screen, replacing the masked man. All of the friends called out for their youngest friend. Jungkook looked up in surprise. Yoongi let out a small gasp. Jungkook looked like hell. Yoongi was going to win this thing and he was going to make the masked man pay. Jungkook tried to run to the camera recording him.

"Guys! You can't listen to him! Whatever you do, don't-" The screen turned black before Jungkook could finish.

"That's enough of that!" The masked man shouted.

"Give him back!" Yoongi yelled.

"Calm down. Calm down," The masked man said. "You will get him back soon. All you have to do is win."

"There has to be some kind of catch!" Namjoon exclaimed. "Why would you give him back just like that?"

"Oh, there is a catch!" The masked man said in glee. "The catch..."

The robot whirred to life and stood up. The screen on the head of the robot lit up. Yoongi let out a choked sound.

"Is that the Gladiator is not the robot. It is the person controlling the robot." The masked man let out a laugh that made Yoongi shiver. "My poor, brain-washed soldier!"

Yoongi felt a strong sense of dread as he stared into the eyes of his friend. His friend that was trying to kill him with a damn robot. Sure it was under the masked man's control, but Yoongi would never forget those cold, dead eyes.

"Go on, my pet! Destroy him!" The masked man yelled.

Yoongi began to run and, with only his orders controlling him, Jimin charged.