Chapter 2

You stood there exhausted. You had just gotten to Beacon and Nora ran off... again. You had lost Ren in the crowd so you didn't know where he was. You then felt someone wrap their arm around your shoulder.

"Hey there Y/N." You look over to find Yang grinning at you.

"Good to see you, Sunshine." Yang looked at you confused.

"Why do you call me that?" She asks and you shrug you shoulders.

"Your semblance was a like a sun. Thought it made sense." You answered after a moment. Yang seemed to pout playfully.

"I haven't seen your semblance yet. I don't have a nickname for you." You both continued to talk as you walked around. The opening speech would start soon so you walked towards it.

"Ruby! I saved you a spot!" You heard Yang yell as you looked at the entrance.

"Hey there, Rubes." You greeted as she walked over.

"Oh! Hi Y/N" Ruby greeted back to which you couldn't help smiling to. Ruby was like Nora when she was younger. Just slightly less energetic.

"...then I exploded." You zoned back into the conversation.

"Jeez. Meltdown already?" You and Yang asked at the same time. You looked at each other and laughed. Ruby seemed to blush in embarrassment at both of you thinking that.

"No! I really exploded! There was fire... and I think some ice." Ruby rambled and you ruffled her hair. She gave an indignant huff as she fixed it.

"Don't worry so much. I'm sure things will turn around." You turned toward the stage to see Professor Ozpin. He began his speech when you remembered his talk with you.

*Flash Back*

"Why do you want to go to my school?" Professor Ozpin asked, this being one of the questions he asked all his students.

"I want to learn how to fight other huntsman and huntresses." You told him to which he didn't seemed at all suprised.

"And tell me Mr. Valkyrie. Why is that?" You looked him straight in the eye.

"When to world starts to fall apart, who will have more power? The protectors or the protected? I want to learn to fight against them." This answer seemed to get Ozpin in a slight trance.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Valkyrie."

*Flash End*

"You coming, Y/N?" Yang asked, snapping you back into reality.

"Ya. Let's go."

-----------Chapter End-----------