Chapter 18 (Hiccups pov)

I had just told Toothless that I was leaving and she didn't take it very well. 'I better give her some space' I thought. I walk back home and when I opened the door my father was waiting for me.
"How's my boy?"
"Uhhh. Alright I guess." I answered.
"Uh oh. Something's up. Where's Toothless?" My father said worryingly.
"Yeah about that." I scratched the back of my head but didn't continue.
"Come on you can talk to me." Stoic pat his leg as if to signal a father and son chat.
"Well..." I said not knowing how to begin. "I told Toothless I would be leaving the island for a few days and that she couldn't come. Needless to say she didn't take it very well."
"Ahhh. You're having girl problems. I see. Well she probably needs some time to calm down and think it over but don't worry she will come around. You'll see."
"I hope you're right. I going to head up to my room to prepare for the long flight tomorrow morning." And with that I headed up to my room. I began to pack up some extra clothes, food, water, and anything else we might need for the trip. We had gotten a lead on where Drago has been holding up and my friends and I are going to head there to retrieve that stone. Hours past by an I had thought Toothless would have returned by now. I continued to wait for her until dusk. I need a good night sleep for the long day ahead of me so I just prayed that Toothless was safe and hopefully would come home tonight. I opened my eyes to the golden sun rays pouring across my face and still no Toothless. 'She must be really mad at me.' I thought as I a loud huff escaped my mouth. I grabbed my bad and ran down stairs, said bye to my dad, then headed to our meeting place. Fishlegs had brought an extra dragon for me as requested.
"How did Toothless take this?" Astrid asked.
"Not so good." I replied.
Astrid patted me on my shoulder and smiled.
"Don't worry. She will come around."
"Everyone says that but I don't know. Am I doing the right thing?"
"Of course." Fishlegs chimed in. "Once we get that stone and get back everything will go back to the way it was before."
I hopped on the random dragon and we all took off. I didn't want this to go back to the way it was before. I liked talking to Toothless but more importantly I just want her to be happy.

Sorry for not updating sooner. I hope the longer chapter makes up for it. Btw the story is almost over there is only a few more chapters left but I will also make them longer too so you may proceed to cheer that it's finally over or complain. Your choice. ~ B