Not so Happy Campers Part 2

// Art does not belong to me, will be taken down if owner asks

// Art does not belong to me, will be taken down if owner asks. //

After putting us on our teams and changing into our swim siuts, Chris had us a hike up a hill all the way to the top, in only our swimsuits and I can only imagine what he's going to make us do. But walking up wasn't the hard part, since that's been a regular thing for me every weekend at home.

"Okay today's challenge is three-fold, your first task is to jump off this 1,000-foot-high cliff into the lake," Chris says.

"Piece of cake," Bridgett says, and I nod my head in agreement, and I can feel Duncan stiffen behind me.

"If you look down, you will see two target areas," Chris says and I lean over the edge looking at them. "The wider represents the part of the lake that we have stocked with psychotic... man-eating sharks."

"Well that seems inviting," I say sarcastically, and Duncan just shakes his head.

"Inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area, which, we're pretty sure is shark free," Chris continues ignoring my comment.

"Excuse me," LaShawna says, looking a little scared. Well hopefully it can't get any worse than that.

"For each member of your team that jumps, and actually survives," Chris says and I go to lunge at him, but Duncan catches me saying to calm down. "There will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each crate are supplies that you'll need for the second part of the challenge... building a hot tub."

"That'll be interesting," I mumble.

"The team with the best one, gets to have a wicked hot-tub party." Chris says pointing his finger at us.

Raising my hand in the air making sure to get Chris's attention. "And do we get to keep the hot tub after the party or are you just using us for free labor so that you can have the hot tub yourself?"

"The losers will be sending someone home.... Let's see, Killer Bass, you're up first." Chris continued to speak ignoring my question, but I swore I could see the hint of a smirk on his face.

I huffed with a shrug, how bad can this be? Bridgett looks over the edge then backs away. "oh wow... so who wants to go first," she asked the rest of us.

I walk over volunteering and say "It's not so bad I've done worse in Cali.", after I volunteer you can practically hear crickets. "You know what I'm just going to jump," I say and everyone is still silent.

"Hey wait, why don't you let someone else go first," Duncan says, pulling me further away from the edge.

"Hey, don't sweat it, guys," Owen says. "I heard that these shows always make the interns do the stunt first, to make sure it's survivable."

We all pause for a moment, waiting for anyone other than me to volunteer first as Duncan refuses to let me go before he sees someone else survive it.