Search and Do Not Destroy

// Art does not belong to me, will be taken down if owner asks

// Art does not belong to me, will be taken down if owner asks. //

I'm so glad that the guys' side of the Gopher cabin had aired out despite it being nearly two weeks since I moved in. Tension in the cabin went up 1000% as soon as Chris said that it was everyone for themselves and Izzie moved in.

I did my usual routine, got up for my morning run, took a shower and then changed into some clothes that would fit today's challenge. Thankful for the small hint I was given for helping around the camp.

Stepping out of my side of the cabin dressed in: a pair of distressed jeans with holes in the knees and the thighs, a shirt that has 'Camp Hair, Don't Care' printed on the front of it and a pair of sneakers that had some grip on them just in case I get sent through another trek in the woods. My hair was pulled back into two small braids, with sunglasses stuck into it and bare-faced except for some much needed sun-screen.

There was a boom and then a whistling sound before a large explosion that turned out to be Lashawna's new trailer. I looked around confused and met up with Duncan in the clearing near the main lodge. "What do you think Chris has in mind for us today?" I ask Duncan after greeting him with a quick kiss. "Especially since it's more than likely that he was the one to blow up the LaShawna'a trailer."

Duncan shrugs and wraps an arm around my waist as we both heard the familiar sound of Chris using his favored megaphone. "Arr. mateys, meet me at the amphitheater in five minutes, and I'll tell you about today's challenge," Our Host tells us with a mediocre pirate accent. Weird.

Duncan and I slowly make our way over to the amphitheater, not really interested in finding out what Chris is going to put us through today, but at the same time we just want to get this over with... but not too quickly of course.

As it turns out the two of us are the last to arrive and we both sit down: Duncan a step above me so that I can sit between his legs and lean against his knees. Only then did I really see what our host was wearing for the day. Geez did the costuming department get him something from a low-grade halloween store.

Chris had on an open chested tunic with billowy sleeves paired with a vest and a red sash around his waist, a pair of tights stuffed into cliche pirate boots. His head was covered with a lame pirate hat and to top it all off he had a Parrot mounted on his left shoulder and an eyepatch on the corresponding eye. I was thankful that Chef was only wearing a lame hat.

"Okay Chris we're all here, tell us why you're dressed as a b-rated pirate and what we all came for," I say with a slight sneer on my face... I just couldn't get over the costume.

Chris looked appalled for a moment that I would dare make fun of what he was wearing but then shook his head, probably realizing that this was me Harlow and he was Chris and that our whole dynamic was me occasionally making fun of him.