i'm going to get you sick (part II)

september 1986
hawkins, indiana

mike's eyes flew open at the sound of some kettles in the kitchen. his mind panicked for a few seconds until he settled. he was in the cabin.

he smiled softly, and cuddled closer to el, closing his eyes.

wait. hopper's up.

shit.

he opened his eyes frantically.

"fuck" he mumbled.

el stirred in her sleep, the grip that her legs had around his waist tightened. she moved closer, burying her face deeper into the crook of his neck.

"el" he whispered.

"el"

she groaned in response.

"wake up. hopper's up"

"so?" she mumbled against his skin.

"what do you mean 'so'? if he sees me with you in bed he's going to kill me!" he said, untangling himself from her and standing up.

his dark locks were all sticking in different directions and the scene was truly adorable.

"why are you smiling?"

oops.

she ignored his comment, a blush creeping up her cheeks and she sat up and tilted her head.

"he isn't going to kill you"

he laughed sarcastically, running his fingers through his hair.

she chuckled, shaking her head and she walked on her knees to the edge of the bed, where he was standing. she sighed, wrapping her arms around his neck.

he looked down at her, a worried look on his face.

"you're actually scared!" she laughed.

"terrified"

"you're being stupid" she smiled widely.

"we'll see" he mumbled.

she smiled again, and leaned upwards, kissing his temple.

"how are you feeling?"

"a little better but i still feel weak"

he nodded, leaning down in attempt of connecting their lips.

"ah ah" she shook her head.

"i'm really going to get you sick, mike" she chuckled.

he pouted.

"you're such a mout-"

the sudden noise of the door opening made them look to the side and mike's eyes widened when he saw hopper standing at the frame of the door.

they all stood still for a second, hopper analyzing the scene in front of him.

mike gulped and looked down at his hands that rested on the girls waist.

fuck.

he removed them immediately, and the girl sat down on the bed.

"breakfast is ready" he informed.

"t-thank you s-sir" mike said.

"how you feeling?" hopper asked el.

"better. just a little weak"

"make sure she has some medicine, i gotta run to the station" he told mike.

"yes, sir" he nodded quickly.

"okay. i'll see you later"

"bye dad"

hopper walked away, opened the door and before he left said,

"and stop shaking, wheeler. it's not as if i was going to kill you"

he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he closed the door and el giggled.

he looked at her and couldn't help but grin. she was laughing so hard. she's so cute.

he crawled into bed, hovered over her and gave her pepper kisses all over her face, except her lips.

"i told you he wasn't going to kill you!" she grinned.

"you're so cute" he bit his lower lip, smiling.

"right back at y-"

he stopped her with a peck to her lips.

"mike!" she gasped.

"i'm sorry! i couldn't help it" he gave her a goofy grin.

"you're such a mou-"

another peck.

"mike i swear to g-"

"you know what? screw it. we can be sick together" he said before leaning down at kissing her.

she smiled against his lips, placing a hand to the back of his neck.

mike would have regretted doing that when a few hours later hopper realized the boy was sneezing too much.

-

this was actually really cute. thank you to @breathless_writer  for the ideas for this and to all of the positive comments i received on the first part of the one shot.
once again, thank u for reading !! ily
xx