Throwback

Walking hand in hand Riley and her father Lorenzo would always go, he decided to spend time with his 3 kids like he does everyday, Riley , Joshua and Ricardo (Ricky). Riley is 8, Joshua is 15 and Ricardo is 10. Lorenzo was a version of Will Smith but with hazel green eyes and no beard, muscular and had a tattoo of his kids on his arm. Lorenzo always wanted was best for their kids, He wanted them to had the world and much more. Nobody can take the place his kids has in his hearts. Ever since his kids were born, he couldn't ask for anything better.

Lorenzo was a hardworking man, trying to get his kids everything. He worked at a liquor store which brings enough money to his kids and him.

They turned around the corner where the ice cream truck was at.

"here Joshua , take your brother and sister to buy some ice cream" Lorenzo said in his strong spanish accent handing his oldest son a 50 dollar bill.

Joshua grab both his sibling hand and bought some ice cream.

"Josh, can I go use the bathroom" Riley said with pleading eyes.

"Can you wait till we get to mama house?" he had asked her

"okay fine." he nodded , and pull up his jean that were currently falling down.

They walked together to where their father was standing , their father was laughing with his best friend Anthony.

"pa you want some" riley said giving her dad some of her hello kitty ice cream.

"no mi amor, daddy is fine" he smiled and she smiled back sitting on Joshua's lap and Ricky was listening to their father conversation. Joshua look up at his dad a lot, and he appreciate the things the his father would do for him and his siblings. The other hand Riley was a daddy girl and Ricky a daddy boy, and for Joshua he looked at his dad like a hero.

"Joshua, go inside with your sister and brother, i'll back" they all headed in the corner store that their grandpa own. After the door closed behind them, they heard 4 gunshot Joshua pull their siblings to the nearest spot to hide and hugged them tightly, praying the it wasn't his father.

Their grandpa walked out from the back and open the store door to see that his Youngest son was shot several times in the arm, and chest.

"mi hijo no! no!" their grandpa said holding him tightly . Riley got off of their brother embrace and rush to her father and started crying and so did ricky. Lorenzo spit out little bit of blood. all that came out "I love my kids" and slowly he shocked on his own blood.

But Joshua started pushing everything he saw with tears in his eyes, his anger got a hold on him, remembering what he did has said to him

"If something ever happens to me, you know i don't mess with anyone in these streets but i'm just saying, cause shit can get hard out here. Please take care of your siblings, do me the favor son and don't let me down, Also make daddy proud and keep doing your music" I nodded

"I promise pa"  he took his pinky out and i closed my pinky with his.

Joshua couldn't see his sibling like this, he fell on the floor and started to cried harder then before.

"Pa wake up, you strong!" Riley said while touching his face softly, and Ricky hugged Riley very tightly.

"Riley daddy gone"

"No he not, he always said he's strong, Stop Ricky you don't trust my daddy. He's ok, he probably sleeping" She protested with tears in her eyes and her grandpa couldn't believe that his son was dead.

Lorenzo Reyes
1973-2008

_________

Joshua Reyes is 15
Riley Rose Reyes is 8
Ricardo(ricky) reyes is 10

questions?

🤷🏻‍♀️