Chapter 5 - Caught Red Handed

"Ozpin." You said to the man staring back at you.

"Mr L/N." He nodded his head to you and kept his eyes fixated on you.

"A member of White Fang, I see." Ozpin said simply.

"Yes sir." I returned, I'm not sure why I felt so strongly about this, I hated Uncle Adam but I felt happy to be a part of the White Fang.

"What do you plan to do?"

"Honestly, I don't know. Suppose to be the heir and all that." I laughed to myself and he just looked slightly shocked before giving me a sly smile. "Only here because I have to be."

"So you didn't want to come to Beacon?" He asked, disappointedly.

"Oh, I did sir, just not so soon. I'm still too young yet."

"So you lied on your file?" He muttered as he pulled out his scroll. "It says here you're the right age."

"Ding ding." I said sarcastically.

"I will give you a chance." He muttered, still staring at my file. "Your powers are not to be ignored."

"Thank you Sir, but it may not be wise to let me stay." I said, taunting him.

Let me get something straight, I am stupidly nervous right now, this man could kill me or kick me out of Beacon. However, I needed to act like the future leader of White Fang, I needed to be strong.

It was at this moment I decided my fate, not the other way around.

I would fight to the top, I would lead White Fang to glory. No matter if I was human or not.

"It very well may be, but that's my choice. Have a good evening, Y/N L/N."

He turned away and walked into the school building. As soon as he was out of sight my legs gave way and I landed heavily on the floor.

"I didn't realise I was that nervous." I muttered before pulling myself back onto my feet. "Okay, I suppose I've got to start working hard."

I entered the Barn again and tiptoed past everyone until I reached my seat next to Leon. He was still snoring thankfully.

I lay myself down and curled up into a ball, before slowly drifting off to sleep myself.

~~~~~~

So here is something about myself that I'm not good at. Mornings.

Mornings suck ass.

"Y/N, wake up." Ruby woke me up, and I can honestly say this is the quickest I have ever woken up.

I jumped up and frightened her.

"Sorry, Morning Ruby." I rubbed my eyes and looked around, almost everyone had left the barn. "What time is it?" I asked.

"You have about an hour, I'd guess until initiation." She put her hand to her chin and thought.

"Ah, okay thanks." I smiled and stood up stretching my arms and back.

Ruby had run off towards where her sister was stood glaring daggers at me.

Seriously what did she have against me?

I collected up my pillow and blanket and headed to my locker where all my things where and got changed.

Obviously initiation would involve combat so I change into that outfit.

A black blazer with a plain white shirt and smart trousers.

I unbuttoned my top button and put my sword in the sheath and attached it to my belt.

I went up to a mirror to check my hair and noticed it looked like a birds nest.

I sighed but I knew I'd be late if I actually tried to do my hair so I just quickly brushed it and it came out rather spiky.

It looked quite good, I rubbed my eyes removing the little bits of sleep left in them.

Golden eyes, I loved my eyes. Weird yes, but I felt one of a kind, special.

I shook my head and looked at the masks sat in my bag again before reaching in and taking out the Miracle Mask and placing it on my head.

All you could make out was that my eyes matched the colour of the mask itself.

It was brilliant for hiding who I was, except I have very one of a kind hair.

Yeah, I get mistaken for a Schnee a lot, with my White hair being pure white. Honestly, I've abused it a little bit, let's say the cinema banned me from going there anymore.

I smirked and walked out of the room, as I headed out of the school towards the cliff face where we had been told prior to meet, I felt lots of eyes follow me.

I never thought I'd be popular, especially with that ladies.

I didn't stop walking until I reached my destination, turns out despite waking up very late, I was the first one to the initiation.

The only people here, we're Ozpin and Goodwitch or Glynda I'd heard her being called.

"Professor, Ma'am." I nodded to them as I walked past and look down the drop. "Hmm, it'd hurt to fall down there."

"Student, stand on one of those platforms if you please." Goodwitch said her eyes surveying me suspiciously.

"Please the names Y/N." I muttered as I followed her instructions and stood on the platform which seemed to be a spring or something. "I assume we're going to be thrown off the edge then?"

I asked, keen to get a head start on what we had to do.

"Yes, before initiation I'd like you to take your mask off so we can be assured that it is indeed you Mr L/N." Ozpin said quietly.

I noticed Glynda open her eyes widely before quickly composing herself and returning to her normal state.

I nodded silently and reached to my face to remove the mask. As I did a lot of my peers arrived and my masquerade was over.

"Pleased?" I asked Ozpin and he nodded returning his gaze to his scroll.

Once everyone had arrived we all lined up on the launch pads, everyone seemed nervous, unsurprising really.

They're livelihood, they life from now on was decided in this single moment.

"Now Class, initiation will begin."

~~~~~~

Sooo, you'll notice Y/N persona has changed slightly, this is him adapting to his role.

Hope you're enjoying so far.

Oblivion, fading out.