Chapter 9

All week I have ignored Matt. Hailey seems to have given up on teasing me. I sat Monday last lesson in class debating weather to talk to him again. Obviously we will never be the same but... he is different.

I gathered up my courage,

"Matt?" I said. He looked at me smiling, "Mhmm" i smiled back. "Err.." I struggled to get the words out. "Its okay, were friends right?" He said, keeping the smile. "Yeah" I said back. Nobody would ever understand how happy this made me feel!

I text Becky i was friends with Matt, she for some reason - never asked why we weren't in the first place? I got home and got out my phone. 'Loveyoux' He sent i smiled reading it. 'Loveyoutoox' it was cute, i have to admit.

I suddenly heard bottles smashing. I ran downstairs, my dad and bob were in a meeting somewhere. It was Shawn. He was searching for some drink in the kitchen. "Shawn what the hell!?" I asked, so startled. "Oh piss off Alli" Excuse me, respect much? "Um.. No? What are you doing?" I said. Clearly drunk, he approached me. "Well Alli when I'm pissed i drink, now I'm pissed i shall drink?" He said wobbling over. "No Shawn, come on upstairs". I said, nicely.

I put my hand on his arm, and turned up the corner of my mouth. "Go away! Me and my dad don't even want you here he just feels sorry for you! I'll never be your brother, your just a little nobody". Well ouch, that hurt? "Shawn shut up?" I said.

He threw a bottle in front of me, the liquid inside squirted all over the floor i gasped and stepped back. "Now look what you have done?" i reached up to grab a towel. I slipped under the liquid and into the glass. For a second i thought i was dead. I only saw white, and red.

***

I woke up in a hospital bed. Crap! Did someone find my scars? Was this a mental place? I panicked and tried to sit up. "No rest please" Shawn said next to me. I looked at him, his eyes all puffy and bloodshot. I looked at my arms there were bandages up them and more on my stomach then another on my ear.

"You fell into my bottle, and cut yourself badly. You lost a lot of blood." He said putting his head in his hands. "Them things i said? Why the fuck did i throw the bottle" I heard small sobs. "Shawn?" I said gentle. "I'm alive and breathing? This is not your fault?" I answered. I felt bad that he felt bad? "I know i should of never of said it? I had to break up with Kelly?" He replied, through cries.

"Shawn look at me" I said. I prepared myself with a smile. He looked up,

"The people who are the hardest to love, are the people who need it most". He nodded.

"It's just she always stayed away from me, even when we were dating? She distances herself from the world" He answered. Wow i wonder who that reminds me of.

"I get you but doesn't mean you should break up with her, all the more reason to try?" I replied, he turned up the corners off his mouth. He stepped forward and kissed my forehead and huggd me tight.

"Does that hurt?"He asked. "a little" I laughed. He immediatley let go and sat back down.

After that my dad and bob came. I had to stay in for two days then i could go back to school on Thursday.

**

Thursday i put a long sleeved jumper on wincing as the stitches met the material. I pulled high waist jeans on and felt a shooting pain as they fastened just under my stomach scars. I put my shoes on easy and continued getting ready.

When Bob dropped me off at school, he wished me "good luck, kiddo". He chuckled, i smiled. "ok?" I replied. I walked in and was immediately greeted by about nineteen teenagers. "How big is your scar" "I heard" "How did you fall" "Is it bleeding?" "do you have stitches" I was asked so much. I pushed past them all and looked around for Becky, Carter or Matt.

I turned the corner and bumped into Carter. "Hey Alli!" He said. "I heard, so hows your wounds?" He asked. Every question i asked, i was scared in case someone fond out about my cuts.

"Goodish" I replied smiling. "Matt's looking for you" He said and winked. "Oh whats that supposed to mean?" I answered. "Well..." He said stretching his word out. I shoved him.

I continued down the hallway and bumped into Matt. "Matt!" I said. He gave me a hug as soon as he saw me. "Whats that for" I laughed. "being Alli" He replied. Oh ok? I laughed lightly.

(A/N) So its all gravy between Alli and Matt now, yayy! :D so anyways you like or nah? Vote, comment, follow idk fan haha! I am a bit hypo today? Well thanks.

t x :)