Chapter 20

Did I hear that correctly?

"Excuse me what?"

"I'm sorry Stacey but it's true" my dad says with worry in his voice and eyes

My stomach dropped

My whole life has been a lie

These whole years I thought my mum was.. my mum. All the memories with her have suddenly turned to thick, invisible smoke. I can't believe it! I was never her real daughter all this time! I always wondered why we had different coloured eyes and hair and that we never looked like each other. I now understand. Sadness and madness flood through my body. All these 18 years have been a big fat lie. I can't believe mum never told me. My dad was the one that did tell me and I've only really known him since yesterday for hardly 5 seconds! Why?

".. Stacey!" My dad brings me back from my disturbing thoughts "are you alright?"

"Of course I'm not alright! Why would I even be the slightest bit alright!" I huff as I stand up but I suddenly feel sick because of the recent news so I abruptly sit down again.

"Look Stacey I know this will be hard for you but you will soon get over it" dad reassures me

"Don't tell me what will happen to me because your not even my real dad!" I shout back at him with a horrible sickness in my stomach feeling like a tonne of butterflies flying around a million miles an hour.

"Stacey I'm sorry about this I really am it's just that.. your mother could never have real babies because something was just not right in her stomach, her abdomen I think, but we really wanted to have children so we decided to adopt a beautiful girl just like you. But soon after we got you, there were endless fights between us and trust me, it was certainly not your fault at all it's just that I guess, I wasn't really capable at handling babies like your mother and she would always get angry at the littlest things I did." I sat their quietly feeling as I was about to vomit when he kept on talking "until one day she completely kicked me out of the house. I stayed at a friends house for a while just so your mother could calm down and by the time I came back to see you mostly, both of you were gone" I sit their in complete and utter shock when he started to cry "I've been searching for you ever since Stacey and I've finally found you"

He looked at with tears and hope in his eyes but I couldn't do anything.

I just stared in shock with tears threatening to spill while I processed all this information

My so called mum ran away from my 'dad' because she didn't want to be with him anymore. She fed me lies ever since I was little about my dad running away but it was really always her running away.

I ball my hands in fists at the way my mum treated my father and shielded me from ever finding him again

Dad looked at me waiting hopelessly for a response

"I think I should go now" I say frustratedly

I feel so sorry for my dad at the moment but I don't want to show it

I've heard two stories from both of my adopted parents and I don't know who to trust or believe anymore

"Okay Stacey, I understand, I'm sorry"

Instead of answering I stand up and make my way to the door

I turn around to see dad wiping his tears off his face

I hesitant whether I should hug him or not but I decide against it and walk back out through the long overgrown grass and towards my car.

I open the door and sit down in the drivers seat

I start to drive away only to pull over at the next street and bury my face in my hands

I cry and cry and cry

_______________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Hope this was good! xx

Oh and could you please take a look at my friends new book! Her name is Laura397 and her new books called 'deserted at night' would be greatly appreciated xx