Goode High

(Sophie's POV)

I woke up to the sound of my imparter buzzing. "uggg" I groaned as I answered. "FOSTER! GET UP! WE LEAVE FOR THE FORBIDDEN CITIES TODAY!" his loud, excited voice filling the room. "KEEFE SENCEN! That isn't until the next 30 minutes!" I yelled back. "But I wanna go early!" he whined. I covered my head with my pillow, too lazy to get the obnoxious yelling imparter that had fallen on the ground. "Mr. Forkle said if I got everyone up earlier, then we could go early!" "Fiiiiiiiine" I reluctantly agreed.  

I slowly got up and got dressed. Sandor helped me carry my bag downstairs since I already had enough trouble with just my body weight. However, I still managed to trip and I tumbled down the rest of the stairs, right into... "Keefe! What are you doing here?" I asked, jumping off of him. He just laughed. "You were taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr, so I was going to get up and get you. Everyone is waiting outside." I followed him out the door, and sure enough, there were all my friends and Mr. Forkle, who was our 'chaperone'. "You kids, always late." he grumbled. Soon we stepped into the light, leaving Havenfield behind us. 

"ack!" Everyone started wheezing besides me, besides Mr. Forkle, and Fitz even though they had disgusted faces. "Yeah, human air quality is pretty bad." I said. "bad?" Keefe exaggerated. "How did you even live out here?!" I rolled my eyes. "Don't we need to go to school?" I asked, wanting a change of topic. "Yes! of course! Dex made these phones for all of you-" Dex blushed, and I stared at the phone. They were the newest version. "-it also works as an imparter. So when you finish, hail me and I will pick you up." "What if we don't want to be picked up." Keefe smirked. "You don't know where the house is." I pointed out. "Point taken." He raised his hands in mock surrender. We all giggled. We were going to Goode High.