Valentines Day

Heyo I know there's still three days until Valentines Day but it's my dearest darling Lisa's birthday today lol so I wrote this fluffy, sappy LAMP fic for her. Enjoy!

****

February 14th, Valentines Day, also known as one of Patton's favourite holidays ever. It was a day dedicated completely to celebrating love! How could you not like it? And seeing as Patton was the heart, and had three boyfriends, he had a lot of love to give. He had a plan for the day, (well, he'd actually formed it with Roman, because they were both suckers for romance, but anyway,) it was a perfect plan, one that was cute and slightly sappy and would make everybody happy. He was going to take Virgil, Logan and Roman outside and up the hill to a picnic, where they'd eat their favourite food and give gifts, and if they felt like it maybe they could go get ice cream from the cute little store that Roman, being the embodiment of imagination, could conjure. Patton was excited about it for days, practically bubbling with happy energy every time he thought about it, and he woke up on Valentines Day with joy already filling him. He snuggled down happily under his blankets for a moment and blinked open his eyes eagerly, a small smile overtaking his face as he thought about the day ahead. He couldn't wait for the picnic! After a minute Patton wriggled out of his blankets, stood up and stretched, then bounced over to his curtains and opened them.

The smile fell off his face.

The one thing, the one thing that he hadn't counted on in his plan for the day, was the weather. In his mind it had been bright and sunny, golden heat streaming down to warm them gently, the sky a clear azure blue with some puffy white clouds. But instead the sky was dark and grey, steel coloured clouds hanging moodily in the sky, heavy and drizzling drops of rain in a cold, miserable sheet. Patton stood there looking at the sky in shock for a minute, and it seemed to notice him back, because the drizzle slowly turned harder, until fat raindrops were splattering onto the grass, dripping down his window, ringing against the roof. His cheerful, excited mood immediately dropped drastically. Not even Roman could control the weather. It was cold and wet and rainy and windy outside, which meant nobody could or would want to go outside, which meant no picnic, which meant their plans were ruined, which meant Valentines Day wasn't going to be as good. Patton swished the curtains shut as if that could stop the rain, but he could still hear it pattering on the rooftop. A disappointed groan ripped it's way out of his mouth by it's own accord, and Patton trudged forward to flop face-down onto his bed again, wallowing in self pity for a minute. His favourite day, ruined. But now he had to go tell Roman that the plan was cancelled because of the dumb rain! He groaned again, slowly rolled over and opened his door and plodded down the hallway to the royal side's room.

Patton cracked open Roman's door and slipped inside, eyes adjusting to the darkness, as the heavy curtains did a good job of blocking out the dim light from outside. Patton was always to first side to wake up, and Roman loved to sleep in. He stumbled over to Prince's huge bed and flopped onto it, wriggling his way under the covers and whining mournfully. Eventually Roman woke up and turned groggily to look at Patton in confusion. "Pat?" he rasped, voice still full of sleep, "What're you doing?" Morality sighed in answer and plonked his head down on Roman's shoulder, who sleepily lifted an arm and put it around Patton's waist. 

"Valentines Day is ruined," he moped. Roman hummed in tired confusion.

"What d'you mean?" he mumbled, eyes fluttering closed again. Patton pouted.

"It's raining! Which means the picnic is cancelled and now the whole plan has failed. Stupid weather," he explained moodily. Prince hummed in sympathy.

"Oh no, I'm sorry darling, maybe it'll clear up by the time of the picnic?" He seemed slightly more alert now, eyes opening again.

"It doesn't look like it."