Chapter 26

Emma's POV

We had won the case and Killian and I had slept together. He still hadnt gone home and he walks in on me alot and well the thing we did on night we won happens alot. (Read the photo below)

"Well if you want me the come get me

"Well if you want me the come get me." I say to him.

"Oh I plan too." Killian says.

His lips were on mine and moved to my neck when I heard a voice I wasnt expecting.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Lily yells.

Thats when I woke up. It was another dream. Ugh! Its been two weeks since Killian and I slept together and he hasnt mention it once. It was like it was one and done. I mean I know we said it would be, but he must have really hated it for him to never speak about it.

"Okay Lily. Mommy is up." I say getting out of bed.

"Yay! Lets go to park." She says.

"Not to day doll. Mommy has work." I say.

"Okay." She says and runs out of my room.

Things at work are just weird. Killian acts as if nothing happened. He acts as if before when we started to become friends and since we beat a case that has been hurting him for years, and then we sleep together. Now he acts like none of that ever happened. After I dropped of Lily at her daycare I went to work. Just sitting in a car driving around town with Killian was awkward.

"So how's everything since those people have been put away? I mean you have had to worry about them for years and now your free to live your life so hows that going for you?" I ask breaking the silence.

"Its actually really good. Now I can date again without worry if she will get hurt or involved with them. So its nice." Killian says.

"So your back on the dating scene?" I ask.

"Yeah. Actually I know it sounds weird, but after James was thrown in jail I called up his ex and told her. I went with her to get closer as to why he hurt her. Then somehow it turned into a date. God she is wonderful." He says.

"So she isnt just with you to get revenge on you putting him in jail?" I ask.

"What? No! Why would you think that? Am I not good enough for someone as classy as her or something?" He asks.

"No I was just asking. I mean she did love him and now he is put away and by you I might add." I say.

"Well its not like that. So enough about me. How are you and Lily? After everything you two went through with Neal and my case I hope your both doing well." He says.

"Yeah were fine. Its alittle hard at night after Neal kidnapped her, but once I lay with her for about an hour things are okay once she sleeps. Though she do miss you. I mean after all you are her favorite person in this town. I still dont know why." I say.

"Well if you ever need me to come over I could do that." He says.

"Really? Cause it would be nice to not have to deal with her freaking out just one night." I say.

"Yeah I'll come over tonight if thats alright with you." He says.

"Thats just fine. Thank you." I say.

"What are friends/ work partners for." He says.

I didnt know how to respond to that except with a nod and a smile. After work Killian took off and around 8 he came over. Lily as always is happy to see him. He read her a story and staid until she fell asleep. It was clear to me that I wanted him and not just for sex I wanted us to be together. I watch as he just took care of my child loving her as if she were his own. I cant believe how stupid I was to have said it was a one time thing. Now he is with someone else and I missed my chance to be loved by him. I guess maybe we will never be nothing more then work partners and friends.