t h r e e

finally, jihoon says to himself by the time the clock struck 1pm

finally, jihoon says to himself by the time the clock struck 1pm. at last, he could go back to the dorm and start studying again for the finals. seungcheol accompanies him to the dormitory because he worries that his friend might die in the snow, considering that he's highly sensitive to the cold. talk about poor health and sleep deprivation. by the time they arrive to the room, seungcheol jogs, "can i use your bathroom real quick?"

jihoon nods and hurriedly looks for the keys in his pocket. he, too, has been dying to get in because he couldn't handle the low temperature anymore. shit, he mutters to himself. he usually keeps them in his jacket's pocket but then he remembers that he's wearing soonyoung's clothing. jihoon repeatedly slams the door with his hands, "soonyoung? soonyoung are you there?"

inside the room, soonyoung is under the covers and in deep slumber, too far away from absolute reality as to why he couldn't hear the noises of the two boys outside. "soonyoung we're dying!" jihoon's voice cracks and he throws his knuckles on the wooden material.

soonyoung's eyes crack open when jihoon slams the door for the tenth time. he rolls off the bed in an unbridled speed to let them in. seungcheol, without wasting a second, rushes to the bathroom and slams the door shut while jihoon falls weakly to the floor, unable to get up. "hey, hey, are you alright!?" soonyoung panics and tries to pick the boy up from the ground.

"cold intolerance, poor health, body aches. He'll be alright just give him something warm and keep a close eye on him!" seungcheol shouts from the comfort room. soonyoung nods and carries jihoon to place him on the bed, feeling his temperature. this boy is frozen to absolute zero, soonyoung muses as he wraps jihoon with a fleece blanket. "hold on, I'm gonna get you hot packs," he rushes to his bag and comes back, slightly pressing the insulative fabrics on the younger's cheeks.

at the drop of a hat, jihoon places his hands on soonyoung's as he closes his eyes to bask in the warmth. soonyoung's face flushes at his action. stepping out of the bathroom, seungcheol's eyes widen at the sight of the two boys then slowly tiptoes his way outside the room to not interrupt. he quickly runs off, the moment soonyoung sees him. "bummer," the older tells jihoon. "I was just gonna ask for his name and thank him for bringing you here."

"that's choi seungcheol ," jihoon mutters "my friend."

"ah," soonyoung nods, then asks, "do you still want me to hold the packs for you?" jihoon opens his eyes and digests the question thrown at him. "it's a need, not a want," he replies, trailing off, "your hands are warm too so.."

soonyoung sits in a pretzel formation in front of the boy then rests his forearms on his roommate's shoulders. jihoon doesn't mind at all. However, soonyoung is still sleepy so he keeps his head low until jihoon notices that he's almost dozing off.

"soon," he calls "you can sleep, I'll go study now." jihoon attempts to take soonyoung's hands off his face but the boy refuses, "no no no, your friend told me to keep an eye on you."

"I'm okay now, what you did is already enough to keep me warm." jihoon holds soonyoung's hands firmly then moves them away from his cheeks.

the older whines. "but-"

"hey, i'm okay," jihoon stands up and groans in pain "fuck it, i'm not okay." he throws himself on the bed again and curls up like a ball while the other buries in him in blankets. "i'll go make some hot chocolate for you," soonyoung whispers

"coffee please."

"no, it might make you feel worse and i'm not going to be responsible for your hospital bills," soonyoung replies "i'm in charge now."

jihoon protests, "but i've been here for so long so i should be in charge!" "i'm older than you so shut up or i'll-"

"or you'll what?" soonyoung stops for a quick two seconds then chuckles, "nevermind."