s i x

the next day, soonyoung comes home to, once again, jihoon sleeping on his bed

the next day, soonyoung comes home to, once again, jihoon sleeping on his bed. he doesn't really mind it though, thinking that jihoon might be too tired to climb all the way up to his own bed. the older tiptoes around the room and does his usual routine when he gets home from school.

the moment he turns to look outside the window, he sees the tulips perfectly arranged in a pretty vase. the flower vase is made of glass, with little details carved onto it. a myriad of vibrant colors dance on the wooden desk as sunlight passes through the window, bringing richness to each brightly colored tulip it covers with its warmth.

soonyoung finds himself smiling at the thought that jihoon bought the perfect vase for the tulips. sure, the flowers were already breathtaking on their own when he received them, but jihoon somehow found a way to make them look even prettier. he looks back at jihoon, who seems to have been awake, watching him admire the flowers. and the moment their eyes meet, jihoon covers his face with a pillow. soonyoung thinks it's cute.

a few days drag past and it was finally the end of the year. it has gotten colder, and jihoon's lessons has gotten a little too difficult for him to bear. he walks down the white road with mingyu and wonwoo with snowflakes on their hair and cheeks frozen from the extremely low temperature.

"what do i tell my mom if i fail my physics class?" jihoon kicks a pile of snow.

"doesn't soonyoung teach you?" asks mingyu

soonyoung has been kind enough to make time to tutor jihoon, despite having a rough schedule, but at the same time, it's the reason why he gets out of focus. "I wanna stick to music courses, is that too much for my parents?" he lets out a whine

wonwoo sighs, "you know, you can always combine music with your academics. digest a few theories and connect it to life then make a song out of it. maybe that way, you could remember your lessons."

jihoon isn't sure, but it wouldn't really hurt to try, would it? by the time they pass by the familiar building, jihoon decides to go home. he waves goodbye to his two friends and hurries to the dorm before the cold consumes his body. inside his room, he sees a sleeping soonyoung on the bed and he quietly closes the door behind him.

but then his phone rings.

"way to go," he sarcastically mutters under his breath as he tries to answer the call. "mingyu, what now?!"

"you left your fucking physics book in my bag you asshole. it's heavy, now i know why you don't grow up."

jihoon could only roll his eyes over the obnoxious laughter from mingyu on the other line.

"fuck you, i grew one centimeter."

"so are you gonna get this thing? because if not i'd be more than glad to sell this. good money, you know?"

"I just got here in the dorm, oh my god," jihoon says, "give me a break!"

"meet me at carat cafe later."

"can you just bring it here because I don't want to suffer in the snow. I don't want to die in public, you piece of shit. that's embarrassing!"

"what was that? sorry can't hear ya! show up at the coffee shop at 3pm sharp or goodbye to your physics book!"

"don't fucking hang-" the call ends "...up."

out of frustration, jihoon throws his phone on soonyoung's bed, then realizes that the boy is asleep so he instantly prays for his soul. soonyoung jolts up when the phone lands, then mumbles something too soft for the other to hear. there is a gush of words jihoon wants to say at the moment, but he is too hesitant, it took about a minute to drag past to form one sentence.

"soonyoung can you accompany me to a coffee shop? i hate to be a nuisance but i really can't die alone in the snow."

soonyoung just looks at him for a few minutes, then giggles softly.

"why are you laughing?"

"is this how you ask for a date?" soonyoung snickers

jihoon's cheeks flushes, but he fights "no, you fucking idiot- i mean, no. sorry about that." his roommate throws his head back as he laughs then agrees to go out with him.